Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm gonna be a douche over this. Kone was my idol as a kid. I modeled how I played sports and somewhat life after him. Still to this day, at work, I pretty much run the business I work at but I always try to out work everyone. Even if I'm putting in double the hours, while you're there I'm gonna work like I just got back from a vacation.

Delete all your e-mails and do sod all until directed?

Is Pick Up Football not called Rugby?

....crunch days for the ‘welcome to Everton’ thread posters. We’ll soon know if they have great insight or sufferers of premature evaluation;

Gareth Bale @Charlie Sweet
Matias Vecino @Moomin
Matias Vecino @blue to the bone
Ronaldo Vieira @Rooney_Tunes
Everton Soares @MarcelsGoat
Everton Soares @summerisle
James Rodriguez @mikeh72
John Stones @consho
Gedson Fernandes @Riventi
Jesse Lingard @john jako
Oh the sarcastic and playful eggs has arrived
Nice to see you coming out of your shell lol

Well I certainly thought we would be backing Carlo in the January transfer window.

Seems like we are still hamstrung by our pitiful past dealings.

Let’s limp home then go again in the summer.

Another season written off in January. Pfft.

Thats the annoying thing for me - we are 4 points off 5th/6th/7th with Utd and Spurs missing their best players through injury and Wolves still contending in Europe.

All well and good saying spend big in the summer but whats the point when we have the chance to hit our objectives now but we aint having a go? For all we know Utd could punt Ole in the summer and get Poch in (and who knows about Lampard & Arteta at Chelsea/Arsenal) and our european hopes become much more difficult.

I get there isnt loads of available players out there - but you telling me we couldnt get a Rodriguez on loan with an option to buy? Or that Berge who's signed for Sheff Utd who's miles better than the dirge we currently have in midfield?

If we were cut adrift from the European spots I wouldn't be arsed but just feels like we are 1-2 exciting signings away from giving the whole club a lift and who knows we could have gone on a little run of good form and secured a top 6 finish & Europe.

I bet it's pretty painful mate.

me you mean? or depay?

assume you mean me haha, yanno what, its not really painful, it hurt at the time but i think that was straining the muscles around it rather than specifically the ligament itself

and since then, its more just feels uneasy sometimes, like if i walk with a bit too much gusto it feels like it could buckle

if it ever is uncomfortable its more like a weird feeling someone has their finger in there messing around than actual pain

I'm gonna be a douche over this. Kone was my idol as a kid. I modeled how I played sports and somewhat life after him. Still to this day, at work, I pretty much run the business I work at but I always try to out work everyone. Even if I'm putting in double the hours, while you're there I'm gonna work like I just got back from a vacation.

My one uncle who I played pick up football with in the city always called me Kone. And still does to this day.

I used to play kids who made these "all-star" teams and mark them out the game. Not only that, I'd do back heel nutmegs and foolish stuff just to let let them know, I'm better than you.

First day in college we did a 5v5 drill, and it was man. You could only steal the ball from the guy you covered. I went after the best player who ended up playing in the mls but was by far our most talented player.

That was because of growing up idolizing Kone. I know the sentimental [Poor language removed] is lame. I feel selfish because he was a human with so many closer ties and so many others go through so much worse.

I didn't know him but he's a big part of who I am. Thanks if you made it through all of this, and I just been telling people all day. I'm just grateful for what the dude gave to me.
#mamba out

My one uncle who I played pick up football with in the city always called me Kone. And still does to this day.

I used to play kids who made these "all-star" teams and mark them out the game. Not only that, I'd do back heel nutmegs and foolish stuff just to let let them know, I'm better than you.

First day in college we did a 5v5 drill, and it was man. You could only steal the ball from the guy you covered. I went after the best player who ended up playing in the mls but was by far our most talented player.

That was because of growing up idolizing Kone. I know the sentimental [Poor language removed] is lame. I feel selfish because he was a human with so many closer ties and so many others go through so much worse.

I didn't know him but he's a big part of who I am. Thanks if you made it through all of this, and I just been telling people all day. I'm just grateful for what the dude gave to me.
download-1-jpeg.77834
download (1).webp

You sell your best player though mate what message does that send out to Carlo and some of our other better players?
Carlo knows he’s come to a side trying to get Top 6 football. We’re not a Real Madrid or Bayern, we’re not even a Spurs or Arsenal.

He’s here for the wage is my conspiracy theory and doesn’t really care about Everton.

You don’t hire CA for a long term project, you hire him to win trophies NOW and our squad are about 3 years away from competing for a Europa League finish.

Well I certainly thought we would be backing Carlo in the January transfer window.

Seems like we are still hamstrung by our pitiful past dealings.

Let’s limp home then go again in the summer.

Another season written off in January. Pfft.
Yes and there is literally nothing the club can do about this. These players brought in by people who left years ago were such big mistakes and so bad that we can’t sell them. Luckily now some of them are starting to be out of contract which will result in some change.

I don’t get why people still aren’t over this.

Carlo knows he’s come to a side trying to get Top 6 football. We’re not a Real Madrid or Bayern, we’re not even a Spurs or Arsenal.

He’s here for the wage is my conspiracy theory and doesn’t really care about Everton.

You don’t hire CA for a long term project, you hire him to win trophies NOW and our squad are about 3 years away from competing for a Europa League finish.

Nope. You hire the best manager available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back