Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just think he drags his feet on outs. I put it down to not having a domestic network of contacts, he maybe does abroad. It’s not a coincidence a lot of our players go abroad on loans etc.

Personally, I think his job is to broker, he should be saying to Niasse, look you get paid the same but go play and get a profile for your next move and earn yourself a contract in the summer, then you activate agents, make calls drum up interest, offer wages percentages.

I think it’s his job to negotiate that, Walsh to be fair to him was good at shifting rubbish.
Yes, but Walsh shifted it in.

I mean what rubbish did Walsh even shift?

He sold Lukaku, Barkley, Barry, Geri, Stones, its hardly selling rubbish.

I think it's fair to say Lukaku, Barkley, Stones all sold themselves without any help from Walsh. I don't think he was discussing fees with Man Utd, Chelsea or Man City for those 3 players at all. He was trying to find cheap gems like Kante and Vardy. Instead he found one potential good one in Lookman and was willing to go along with inflated prices for Sigurdsson and others. But I think it's more the club's fault for trusting the lethargic Koeman than Steve Walsh himself.

Lets just hope this prudence doesnt cost us, I mean every point we drop from now till May will rest heavily on this inaction, you know what people are like.

I wanted us to dip our toe, but im actually quite pleased we didnt at this point, I mean we gotta make it count in the Summer now, but we got a few loans out, we didnt spurge on tosh, so not great, but not bad.
I've said a few times I can live with a so so finish to this year if it means we will be ready to fire from day 1 next year. If by saving money now we can get guys in and get going next year I'm there for it. 7th means little to me.

Wages. Nothing more, nothing less.
I think the problem is we may get rid of some of the dross in the summer but most of it will just be through the fact contracts have run out and not that teams actually want the players. To top that off the dross that we bought on top of that dross are on long contracts and stupid wages too and it’s gonna be highly unlikely we will again find anyone to take them off their hands because of that.
I can’t see anyone coming in for Siggy and Walcott and Schneiderlin as wages will be off putting and none of those players would want to take a cut in wages, especially if they are getting paid that amount for minimum effort here.
Brands again is gonna have one hell of a job on his hands shifting that and judging from the past few windows he’s finding it more difficult to get rid of the dross permanently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back