January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
No doubting his talent. Stick Foden in our side he'd stink out the place. Can't speak about his attitude. I don't know enough of that. Seems like a decent kid from what I've seen. He's a luxury player, we need "plucky little Everton" style players again given our current plight.
Well we need players with quality first and foremost but ones that are going to work.

I'm sorry but fans spent 2021 saying we had too many luxury players and now a year or so later are bemoaning the lack of quality we have.

We need good players and it's then on the manager to get them playing in a united way and towards a certain goal.

Well we need players with quality first and foremost but ones that are going to work.

I'm sorry but fans spent 2021 saying we had too many luxury players and now a year or so later are bemoaning the lack of quality we have.

We need good players and it's then on the manager to get them playing in a united way and towards a certain goal.
Not me. Better off before we had cash. Prove me wrong. Been a steady decline since we spent so naively. I'd rather a team full of Osman, Hibbert and Neville opposed to one with supposedly good players based on FIFA skills moves.

Not me. Better off before we had cash. Prove me wrong. Been a steady decline since we spent so naively. I'd rather a team full of Osman, Hibbert and Neville opposed to one with supposedly good players based on FIFA skills moves.

I mean this really misses the point.

The league was totally different then but since we have had cash we generally haven't signed good players. Which is the problem, isn't it.

But we go down if we don't get improvements on what we have.

All of our players work hard, they have done since Lampard came in. The attackers we have simply aren't good enough.

What we need is better players who are willing to work for the team. Not more cloggers, because we have loads of them.

He's more of a finisher than either of them and more suited to playing either side than either of them (though is best from the left).

He'd be a decent option but we need better first.

Not seen loads of him but seems to be alright one game anonymous the next similar to Gordon.

Personally think we need to offload 1-2 (rumours around Keane and Doucoure) and throw the lot for Big Bad Kudus or Trossard.

I mean this really misses the point.

The league was totally different then but since we have had cash we generally haven't signed good players. Which is the problem, isn't it.

But we go down if we don't get improvements on what we have.

All of our players work hard, they have done since Lampard came in. The attackers we have simply aren't good enough.

What we need is better players who are willing to work for the team. Not more cloggers, because we have loads of them.
Doesn't really miss the point. Cloggers can be still be effective. Teams full of luxury players are rarely effective. Agree the league has evolved but we've not. Under Lampard we've no style or substance, maybe hopeful, be that hopefully we score or hopefully we don't lose. Up top we're woeful, no arguments there.

Did he not say that he wanted players for the now...Elanga is a good prospect and would only go for him if there is the option for a permanent move at the end.
Isn’t this almost exactly what happened with broja in the summer ? We can’t afford to get our fingers burnt again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back