January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
w
Not me. Better off before we had cash. Prove me wrong. Been a steady decline since we spent so naively. I'd rather a team full of Osman, Hibbert and Neville opposed to one with supposedly good players based on FIFA skills moves.
that team goes down in this day and age. The game has moved in on, you will never see again what moyes did with Everton on a very small budget. When we finshed 4th our main challengers were Liverpool. Middlesbrough and Bolton. City, weren’t a thing, spurs were a yo-yo teams in terms of 5th one season 12th the next, Newcastle a bit similar, Leeds had just gone bust and villa also not up to much.

70% of the league had not much money, unlike today when most prem teams can go and spend 30/40mil on one player

Not seen loads of him but seems to be alright one game anonymous the next similar to Gordon.

Personally think we need to offload 1-2 (rumours around Keane and Doucoure) and throw the lot for Big Bad Kudus or Trossard.
He's more of an inside forward whereas Gordon is a winger but yeah we'd need more than just him for sure.

Doesn't really miss the point. Cloggers can be still be effective. Teams full of luxury players are rarely effective. Agree the league has evolved but we've not. Under Lampard we've no style or substance, maybe hopeful, be that hopefully we score or hopefully we don't lose. Up top we're woeful, no arguments there.
You pointed out Osman - Osman was a player who worked hard but had quality to go with it.

I don't think McNeil or Gordon are anywhere close in that regard, for example. They just don't have the end product. Gray has the talent but lacks the consistency.

So I don't want us to sign someone who's going to swan around the pitch but first and foremost Everton need a player or two who take up the calibre of the team. They'd have had it in Kudus if they'd have got that deal done.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see him go out again in January to be honest, hes been dropping shapes in the Championship and we may get a better deal in terms of loan fee or wage % now then we did on the deal with Sunderland in the summer, in the meantime he gives us an insurance and option if we cant do anything substantial in Jan.

Are we allowed to do that again?

You pointed out Osman - Osman was a player who worked hard but had quality to go with it.

I don't think McNeil or Gordon are anywhere close in that regard, for example. They just don't have the end product. Gray has the talent but lacks the consistency.

So I don't want us to sign someone who's going to swan around the pitch but first and foremost Everton need a player or two who take up the calibre of the team. They'd have had it in Kudus if they'd have got that deal done.

I liked Osman. Tidy little player. Grafted but quite technical too.

Much as I love him here, Kudus would stink GP out but shine anywhere else. Crowd would turn after a handful of games. Look at some folks assessment of Onana just on here. Yet was like the second coming after a few games.

Much as I love him here, Kudus would stink GP out but shine anywhere else. Crowd would turn after a handful of games. Look at some folks assessment of Onana just on here. Yet was like the second coming after a few games.
Why would he?

He works hard, he's got talent to go with it and flare that lights games up.

Onana's issue is he dawdles a bit but he's still young and can learn.

We need better to get out of where we are, so we can't just get some cloggers in.

Some will be i kno alot of us want a player who has skill who can play the final ball and grab a few goals.

I believe Keane being utilised as a non-ball playing central defender, with a quick centre back next to him, would do a decent job for some teams - e.g. West Ham.

The problem is that when he's expected to play the ball or play a higher line, like we often did, he becomes a liability. I think he'll actually go on to thrive elsewhere.
He might thrive on empty stadiums .. any sign of pressure or someone on his back he folds. Agree we should probably not loan to any of our current rivals though. Sell only to whoever as my belief is he’s useless . Holgate much better than Keane so mad to loan him out - sell only

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back