January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone will eventually buy the club

But no one will buy the club while our future is up in the air. Why buy now when we could very easily not be a top flight team in 4 months.
No billionaire/middle east state in their right mind is buying a club for ~£500m the current owner wants as Prem survival hangs in the balance. Might as well sit tight for a few months and pick it up for about half that price in the second tier. Its not like we're going to soar in value even if we do stay up.

The thing is, there was like a 14 game game set, of Holgate Mina Keane Holgate as a back 4, which we delivered something like 27 points, and conceded something mad like 8 goals.

It was too many games to be pure coincidence. It probably upset our attacking play, but the trade off seemed worth it.

That situation is now amplified. Coleman is 2 years older. Theres no Digne. No Richarlison. No James. We are awful offensively, and that's not going to get fixed.

If we stay up, it will be on the basis of conceding very few goals-comparatively speaking, and fluking some set pieces.
It wasn't nearly as many games as you remember. I just went through, quickly to be fair, and I have it at like 6.

And yes the defending in it was mostly good. But the attacking was downright horrible it can't work long term because of it.

You have to try to score goals. We are not going to go 18 games scoring 12 goals and pick up 9 wins from it.

I'm increasingly convinced the minute there is an 'R' next to our name Mosh will sell to anyone/the first bidder that gets close-ish to his valuation. Even if it means taking the hit of a "few hundred mil" rather than sink deeper into the hole; with the club maybe going the way of a Sunderland or Leeds or Pompey rather than a Newcastle who bounced back first go.
I just don't think close-ish is even in play right now.

We need someone who can take a set piece. We've missed that for a long time. But ten players can't carry an eleventh man just because he can take a corner. They need to be more than that. I guess the players on the free agent list don't cover a number of bases, hence them being on the fee agent list.

Isco is the one who excites/jumps out though. If he could get fit. Would he come to Merseyside? Could carlo have put a word in? Who knows...

We’ve got a player in Garner, once healthy, that can cover that off. He was honestly the signing I was most excited about this summer and United fans were arsed he slipped through the cracks during a managerial shake up and was sold. I think if he can get a run of games he’ll bed in and be a staple in the midfield for us. He’s every bit as tenacious as Gana while defending, can press, and offers way more going forward. Plus he had a wand of a right foot.

I understand we don’t have the luxury of time on our hands but he can make a difference if he gets a chance

I think the lack of quality in the squad is so horrific that I'd take Isco all day. I'd even take Ayew, to be honest. At least he can provide decent set piece delivery.
If we had a 21st century manager that could get Isco into some spaces to make an impact it might be worth considering but I don't really see how he's useful to Dyche and don't think he'd see his place either. He might take the money anyway tbf.

I just don't think close-ish is even in play right now.
Not at the start of Feb, no. But I think it's not a crazy idea to suggest some very rich people/groups/states out there who are looking to get a foothold in English football will be eyeing the chance to possibly buy one of the biggest, most successful clubs in the country even in the second tier IF it's for sale and IF the price is right, all things considered. (Of course, Mosh could be here for the next 10+ years for all we know).

We’ve got a player in Garner, once healthy, that can cover that off. He was honestly the signing I was most excited about this summer and United fans were arsed he slipped through the cracks during a managerial shake up and was sold. I think if he can get a run of games he’ll bed in and be a staple in the midfield for us. He’s every bit as tenacious as Gana while defending, can press, and offers way more going forward. Plus he had a wand of a right foot.

I understand we don’t have the luxury of time on our hands but he can make a difference if he gets a chance

He made 2 appearances for Man Utd, so not really fussed what their fans think. Was decent at Forest but obviously at a lower level.
He may turn out to be very decent, but it’s very clear that the money should have been spent on a forward instead.

I’m hoping if it is a 2 man centre mid we get to see Onana and Garner together at some point. Gana has his good points but he’s horrendously bad at kicking the football to other members of his team, which is quite important. Garner I do think could give us a bit of everything.

I’m hoping if it is a 2 man centre mid we get to see Onana and Garner together at some point. Gana has his good points but he’s horrendously bad at kicking the football to other members of his team, which is quite important. Garner I do think could give us a bit of everything.
Good thing this is no longer a requirement

My concern is that Mosh sells out of the club but not the stadium. He then takes the 500M finishes the stadium and as part of the deal forces the club into a 50 year lease on aggressive commercial terms, retaining all concession/other event revenues etc., hampering the future revenue, buying power and ultimately long term growth of the club.

The thing is, there was like a 14 game game set, of Holgate Mina Keane Holgate as a back 4, which we delivered something like 27 points, and conceded something mad like 8 goals.

It was too many games to be pure coincidence. It probably upset our attacking play, but the trade off seemed worth it.

That situation is now amplified. Coleman is 2 years older. Theres no Digne. No Richarlison. No James. We are awful offensively, and that's not going to get fixed.

If we stay up, it will be on the basis of conceding very few goals-comparatively speaking, and fluking some set pieces.
As the big ig says, you’re massively overegging the amount of games, and also ignoring the fact we did well at that time with other set ups too. That back 4 was in place for a 4 game winning streak, but we also had another 4 game streak and a 3 game streak with different set ups in the same period. We were just better in general.

My concern is that Mosh sells out of the club but not the stadium. He then takes the 500M finishes the stadium and as part of the deal forces the club into a 50 year lease on aggressive commercial terms, retaining all concession/other event revenues etc., hampering the future revenue, buying power and ultimately long term growth of the club.
Why would the club do that? They still own Goodison so could just stay there and Moshiri would be left with a £750m stadium with no club using it.

Status
Not open for further replies.