January transfer window 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently 600 odd at the last game Henderson played and got beat in
I don't think it's about the numbers.

As another poster has said, it's a power play. The aim is most likely to establish the region as a power in world football, hosting tournaments and the like so the regime can sports wash it's more dubious side.

Football being the morally bankrupt thing it is will just follow the money and ignore / disregard the politics

I don't think it's about the numbers.

As another poster has said, it's a power play. The aim is most likely to establish the region as a power in world football, hosting tournaments and the like so the regime can sports wash it's more dubious side.

Football being the morally bankrupt thing it is will just follow the money and ignore / disregard the politics
Yes of course, it was more about the players regretting going and wanting to return.

Although they probably don't care that much when they look at their bank balances after the game.

Yes of course, it was more about the players regretting going and wanting to return.

Although they probably don't care that much when they look at their bank balances after the game.
Some won't but many want to be seen to be playing a proper standard otherwise their game will ultimately suffer at the end of the day. It certainly doesn't seem to have taken off in the way people thought it would.

Given our circumstances, we should sign some prudent and professional players on a reasonable pre-contract in addition to some key first team players below 22yr of age.

Actually, it would be good if we went in for Hannibal Mejbri and Jorginho/Thiago whoever is cheaper (all on final years), and finally replace Doucoure with McTominay in the midfield.

I would be tempted to if you knew what the word "teenager" meant in the context of replying to my post.
Dont remember posting that
Honestly mate, it wasn't a trick question. I am all for signing / promoting young players, but I'm not sure having a 20 and 18 year old as our only defensive cover would be a wise move. I was hoping you could point out some clubs that have done it successfully so you could change my mind

Honestly mate, it wasn't a trick question. I am all for signing / promoting young players, but I'm not sure having a 20 and 18 year old as our only defensive cover would be a wise move. I was hoping you could point out some clubs that have done it successfully so you could change my mind
RB Leipzig and Salzburg are built on that model. Not that we should...

Well my other team has a 20 and 18 year old as backup CB’s and they’re going for the league title and play CL knockout stages nearly every year.

Need a cb ready to step in next season and then i would like take chance of another cb similar to chermitti. Holgate and godfrey will be gone at the end of the season hopefully, keane will stay on. I would like us to sign promising young players in each position but we also need player ready to start is a big risk having a young player as backup . With the squad getting smaller aswell an injury puts huge pressure on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.