January transfer window 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question...

Why have we not had public (media) links for Pickford recently? Super keeper but for us and our growth hes now at the prime (for a year already) to sell and reinvest ?

Same goes for DCL in terms of actual offers...

I would expect both to be in demand.
I think the teams who could afford him in England already have good keepers, and even tho Pickford has become a really good keeper, hes not on the level wanted by the elite clubs. Wouldnt be surprised if he stays here now, which Im ok with. Unless we know we can get better right away, he should not be sold.
With Dom, i suspect its injury related. He is worth more to us than anyone would want to pay, making any deal hard to impossible.
I suspect the incoming money will be from the sale of JB, which is a bummer. That kid is already a really good CB and is far from his prime.

we’re well used to that by now , i remember one big splurge when smith was there , one when we sold rooney , one when we bought lukaku etc a couple under moshiri and that’s it not bad for nearly 3 decades haha

Thank god for FFP/PSR though, making sure all clubs are equal so that the big six can spend what they want and all other clubs get into financial trouble despite barely spending anything ever.

This, I reckon.

I can see 1-2 outs and perhaps a loan in.
You know what, getting the net weekly wage down would be big. Our Wages to Turnover should be 75% max - I'd even want it significantly lower TBH (base it on us finishing 4th bottom for the next few years.. and by that I mean accounting/budgeting terms only, I don't think we're a 4th bottom team any more).

I think the departures of Gomes, Dele, Danjuma & Harrison at the end of the season (out of contract) would reduce our wages by around £15m a year. You wouldn't want them back IMO (I do want Dele to be better, but even if he got back to a level I'd want him to more than half his wages... which is unrealistic)

Pray Godfrey has a good game at the weekend and Spurs follow up their (newspaper) interest with a bid in Jan. That's another £4m off the books in wages (discount fees... fees should be used to buy players/repay loans).

It's not just Holgate to consider either ... we've also got Maupay coming back at the end of the season. lol

We need to run ourselves like a business, not like a billionaires plaything.

Last edited:

I think hes so underrated because hes at United. Would be a great signing IMO but cant see it.
Same. Probably came through 15 years too late to be seen as a world beater, but still think the attacking side of his game is underrated because he's not a Trent

Our best hope is that he loves it in the North West but most of the London lads tend to want to go home

PSR was the only thing stopping us from being in administration right now

If we’d have got the ten point deduction last season we’d have been relegated and probably in administration/liquidation. If we had any manager other than Dyche and three of the worst teams in PL history in the league this season we could have been relegated and liquidation.

PSR has forced us to sell all of our top players and not buy any other good ones resulting in us being in two back to back relegation battles which could have spelled trouble for the club.

How again has PSR saved the club?

IF we get out of this mess, it will be down to Dyche and Thelwell and nothing to do with PSR. By the way, getting out of this mess still means being unable to barely spend anything without selling your best players to fund it over 3 seasons whilst our ‘competition’ spends whatever it wants

If we’d have got the ten point deduction last season we’d have been relegated and probably in administration/liquidation. If we had any manager other than Dyche and three of the worst teams in PL history in the league this season we could have been relegated and liquidation.

PSR has forced us to sell all of our top players and not buy any other good ones resulting in us being in two back to back relegation battles which could have spelled trouble for the club.

How again has PSR saved the club?

IF we get out of this mess, it will be down to Dyche and Thelwell and nothing to do with PSR. By the way, getting out of this mess still means being unable to barely spend anything without selling your best players to fund it over 3 seasons whilst our ‘competition’ spends whatever it wants
We already currently have no money and are taking out pay day loans. Now imagine a world where there was no PSR and moshiri was allowed to keep on spending and handing out ridiculous contracts willy nilly. As Dyche has shown this season the relegation battles were due to inept boards and managers, we could have easily coped with selling richarlison if we had a decent manager or replacement other than Maupay. IF we get out this mess we will have nothing to spend because we have zero money because we gave operated at a 500 million loss previously not because of the rules at this point

You know what, getting the net weekly wage down would be big. Our Wages to Turnover should be 75% max - I'd even want it significantly lower TBH (base it on us finishing 4th bottom for the next few years.. and by that I mean accounting/budgeting terms only, I don't think we're a 4th bottom team any more).

I think the departures of Gomes, Dele, Danjuma & Harrison at the end of the season (out of contract) would reduce our wages by around £15m a year. You wouldn't want them back IMO (I do want Dele to be better, but even if he got back to a level I'd want him to more than half his wages... which is unrealistic)

Pray Godfrey has a good game at the weekend and Spurs follow up their (newspaper) interest with a bid in Jan. That's another £4m off the books in wages (discount fees... fees should be used to buy players/repay loans).

It's not just Holgate to consider either ... we've also got Maupay coming back at the end of the season. lol

We need to run ourselves like a business, not like a billionaires plaything.

Good post mate.

Gomes is really the last of the ineffectual blood suckers costs ,us about £12 mill a year in PSR. Hasn't kicked a ball for the club in the guts of 2 years.

Decision to be made regarding Harrison is interesting, 15m seems reasonable as he has played well but I think we need more speed in the wide areas. Interesting that Dobbin seems to be ahead of Danjuma in the pecking order.

I have a question...

Why have we not had public (media) links for Pickford recently? Super keeper but for us and our growth hes now at the prime (for a year already) to sell and reinvest ?

Same goes for DCL in terms of actual offers...

I would expect both to be in demand.

Would've been done in the summer when United etc all went for keepers.

I think he's just unfavourable to the bigger names

He'd surely would've improved United more than Onana.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back