January transfer window 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think he'd have improved Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea and United. It's only City and Liverpool who wouldnt benefit from having him I think in the PL.
Right, so lets assume we put him up for sale tomorrow.

Who buys him?

The answer is nobody, as you say, all the top clubs have Keepers, now its questionable whether they have better Keepers, but I cant see any of them throwing 30-40m at Pickford any time soon.

This is all just based on Zat wanting to sell an almost 30 year old, a 30 year old Keeper who has at least 6 or 7 years left at the very top I may add.

But hey, at least it makes a change from him quoting The S**.

Who buys him?

The answer is nobody, as you say, all the top clubs have Keepers, now its questionable whether they have better Keepers, but I cant see any of them throwing 30-40m at Pickford any time soon.

This is all just based on Zat wanting to sell an almost 30 year old, a 30 year old Keeper who has at least 6 or 7 years left at the very top I may add.

Yeah now is different, summer just gone was the time those clubs wouldve been interested.

If we’d have got the ten point deduction last season we’d have been relegated and probably in administration/liquidation. If we had any manager other than Dyche and three of the worst teams in PL history in the league this season we could have been relegated and liquidation.

PSR has forced us to sell all of our top players and not buy any other good ones resulting in us being in two back to back relegation battles which could have spelled trouble for the club.

How again has PSR saved the club?

IF we get out of this mess, it will be down to Dyche and Thelwell and nothing to do with PSR. By the way, getting out of this mess still means being unable to barely spend anything without selling your best players to fund it over 3 seasons whilst our ‘competition’ spends whatever it wants
What a totally brain dead post

Who buys him?

He wanted to swap him for that Bazunu 2 years ago it's nuts

If we’d have got the ten point deduction last season we’d have been relegated and probably in administration/liquidation. If we had any manager other than Dyche and three of the worst teams in PL history in the league this season we could have been relegated and liquidation.

PSR has forced us to sell all of our top players and not buy any other good ones resulting in us being in two back to back relegation battles which could have spelled trouble for the club.

How again has PSR saved the club?

IF we get out of this mess, it will be down to Dyche and Thelwell and nothing to do with PSR. By the way, getting out of this mess still means being unable to barely spend anything without selling your best players to fund it over 3 seasons whilst our ‘competition’ spends whatever it wants

Unfortunately many fans of the other 14 clubs have stockholm syndrome. Dont blame sanctions on Usmanov / stripping us of a £250m naming rights deal or FFP making us sell our best players - the Tories & the PL are both saving us from ourselves man !

Who buys him?

I agree with everything you’ve said re: Zat wanting us to field an under 21s team of high ceiling players who may or may not make the grade… a strategy of madness.

However I CBA checking who the spurs goalie is… is he any use? Also isn’t that Onana at Manure been absolute pony? Likewise Raya not being great at Arsenal?

Despite what I’m saying, I agree no one will want to buy Pickford who could afford him.

And I’d hope we’d price most teams out the mkt for him anyway.

I agree with everything you’ve said re: Zat wanting us to field an under 21s team of high ceiling players who may or may not make the grade… a strategy of madness.

However I CBA checking who the spurs goalie is… is he any use? Also isn’t that Onana at Manure been absolute pony? Likewise Raya not being great at Arsenal?

Despite what I’m saying, I agree no one will want to buy Pickford who could afford him.

And I’d hope we’d price most teams out the mkt for him anyway.
As I said mate, for me hes defo better than some of them in the top 6/7 for sure.

So could he play for some of them? Yes, are some of them likely to spend another 40m 12months after they bought a Keeper? Yes, they have done it before.

Anyway, all pretty moot, Pickford is happy here, the weirdo, so I honestly dont see him moving any time soon, unless, somebody throws a crazy bid in, which for now, seems unlikely.

As I said mate, for me hes defo better than some of them in the top 6/7 for sure.

So could he play for some of them? Yes, are some of them likely to spend another 40m 12months after they bought a Keeper? Yes, they have done it before.

Anyway, all pretty moot, Pickford is happy here, the weirdo, so I honestly dont see him moving any time soon, unless, somebody throws a crazy bid in, which for now, seems unlikely.

Something to factor in: He’s also not fashionable. The General public/fans/press really pain to give him any credit and really do love to quickly criticise or put his performances down/put blame on him at international level.

I think that’s a legit factor to consider in why people wouldn’t bid for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back