January transfer window 2024

Oh don't be one of them I'm not saying this is where I want to be but its where we are theres no point ignoring reality McNeil has 7 goal or assists in just under 20 games in terms of minutes its not fantastic but its not awful either especially when you consider how we play. If we can sign someone class in this transfer window for free and they can do better then that would be brilliant but I doubt we can.
But I’d guess his 5 assists are all corners, yes we do well from corners and someone has to take them, but from open play he and Harrison aren’t creating much. That last 2 great chances DCL has had, have come from danjuma and Onana. We all know we’re in a tricky position as a club, but to improve you need better than Harrison and McNeil and we can’t go and pay 100mil for 2 wide players, so the club has to have a solutions and do better in the market, Brighton do, palace have.

But I’d guess his 5 assists are all corners, yes we do well from corners and someone has to take them, but from open play he and Harrison aren’t creating much. That last 2 great chances DCL has had, have come from danjuma and Onana. We all know we’re in a tricky position as a club, but to improve you need better than Harrison and McNeil and we can’t go and pay 100mil for 2 wide players, so the club has to have a solutions and do better in the market, Brighton do, palace have.
I agree and the same thing applies to every position we don't have a lot of good players and we could improve on most of them but for where we are right now as a club I don't see McNeil and Harrison as not good enough overall like I said they aren't amazing but they are functional and for now I can sort of live with that sad as it is.

I agree and the same thing applies to every position we don't have a lot of good players and we could improve on most of them but for where we are right now as a club I don't see McNeil and Harrison as not good enough overall like I said they aren't amazing but they are functional and for now I can sort of live with that sad as it is.
ONeillo and Harry could do a decent job in the Champo

Has there ever been a Jan window as quiet as this one?

I didn't expect us to do much, although I will be disappointed if we don't manage one OK loan.

But, it's not just us. The rest of the Prem seems to be doing little business.

Has there ever been a Jan window as quiet as this one?

I didn't expect us to do much, although I will be disappointed if we don't manage one OK loan.

But, it's not just us. The rest of the Prem seems to be doing little business.
Might be a rare example of FFP working in our favour. We can’t spend either way as we’ve got no money so the fact other clubs can’t spend either due to their FFP position in a weird way levels the playing field.

Might be a rare example of FFP working in our favour. We can’t spend either way as we’ve got no money so the fact other clubs can’t spend either due to their FFP position in a weird way levels the playing field.
Or could be the exact thing the Prem wanted to show the actions they have taken actually work.
They will claim they can govern themselves without government intervention.

Bit of a difference of opinion to say Harrison isn't 'good enough'. He's first on the team sheet and has 2 goals and 3 assists so far.

Personally anyone younger and 'better' would cost more of a fee.

He’s not good enough , he loses possession almost every time he has the ball.

We have enough players like that , you can’t have 4-5 players in your first 11 that can’t keep the ball and hope to be a decent outfit.

2 goals and 3 assists in 21 games says it all and I'm not blaming everything on him , McNeil 21 games 2 goals 5 assists
The problem with stats is, that they can be twisted to suit any argument.

Many would look at those stats and state "Our wingers aren't good enough" but watching the game, the box is often empty or when they do find a player, they miss their chance or even worse, bottle shooting at all.

I've never seen a club (I say club, because it's not just this current team, I've watched it for years and years) struggle to get players into the box and have so many players who can't hit the target.

How often does a player get the ball on the edge of the box and hit it high and wide? I dread half the team having a shot lol

The problem with stats is, that they can be twisted to suit any argument.

Many would look at those stats and state "Our wingers aren't good enough" but watching the game, the box is often empty or when they do find a player, they miss their chance or even worse, bottle shooting at all.

I've never seen a club (I say club, because it's not just this current team, I've watched it for years and years) struggle to get players into the box and have so many players who can't hit the target.

How often does a player get the ball on the edge of the box and hit it high and wide? I dread half the team having a shot lol

Stats aside you only have to watch him to see he's not great, he gives the ball away more or less every other time he has it, his finishing is terrible, his final ball is often terrible and although he works very hard, he often let's the full.back get past time and time again.

I wouldn't pay anything for him, will cost too much and he'll be on decent wages.

Or could be the exact thing the Prem wanted to show the actions they have taken actually work.
They will claim they can govern themselves without government intervention.
Yeah, that’s the intent for sure. Just saying that an accidental positive is that we knew we couldn’t strengthen much anyway and so the fact other clubs can’t either is kind of helpful.

No are about that …

Moyes best signings were arteta , Cahill, jags, baines, yobo, Pinear .

All young or coming into their prime with years ahead of them.

But u less you want to stay like “ a team like us” you have to change players.

He’s on loan so is the easiest to get rid of.

If he is going to cost 20m I would rather spend a bit more on a younger player with more potential.
They were all great signings yes but they weren't the only type of signings he made and one thing Moyes was very good at was signing players who did a good job in his system and made the team better than it looked on paper and he definitely didn't think 27 was too old for a signing! 20 mil would be well too much for Harrison which is why I said at the right price. In my opinion we need to try and consolidate now even though I don't like it I think we need to stop getting worse before we can get better and the manager is helping us to do that in my opinion.