2021/22 Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this lads a good player but what an absolute shower of gutless salary thiefs he's asked to learn from.
He's one to keep. Unless we destroy him first.
My concern also. We will be forced and need to throw him in alongside a Keane who is marginally less hapless than Holgate. The potential to shatter his confidence is glaring.

That wild swipe for the corner towards the end was preceded by Keane attempting the same and making a nearly as embarassing an effort. These same perennial losers have a habit of dragging the newbies down to their level. Look at Godfrey, This equally applies to Myko and Patterson. Ashley Cole has his work cut out.

We know ourselves from when Goodison is bouncing how the crowd feeds off moments like that. It completely lifted them and demoralised us.
They had all the momentum and we were trying (failing) to adapt to the changes required when Mina and Gray went off.

I won't lie, he looked poor on the ball and a rabbit in the headlights, but ultimately that's what it was - thrown into the fire with others players flapping around him.

I still have high hopes for him.

If this was rugby he’d have been off for a Head Injury Assessment , football is playing catch-up on HIAs. It’s hard to say if it affected him, but disappointing he hasn’t progressed as much as I’d hoped in two years. He’s the kind of good , young player we really need to be developing into regular first team players. Having had four managers and three coaching regimes doesn’t help him.

Maybe its just me but he doesnt look suited to a left hand side role in a back 3.
He looked against Chelsea as well. Still, I sadly think yesterday was not a good showing for him although it was a cauldron and those behind him wilted too.

At home with the Goodison crowd behind him, I think Saturday will be a different kettle of fish.

They had all the momentum and we were trying (failing) to adapt to the changes required when Mina and Gray went off.

I won't lie, he looked poor on the ball and a rabbit in the headlights, but ultimately that's what it was - thrown into the fire with others players flapping around him.

I still have high hopes for him.
It was ridiculous how bad he was. The whole stadium did laugh when he touched the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.