2021/22 Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ive got a lot of confidence in him.

14 games for Carlisle who are in League 2
10 games for Blackburn in the Championship
13 games for us, 10 in the premier league.

Played 37 games and only turns 20 end of next month.

Ive got a lot of confidence in him.

14 games for Carlisle who are in League 2
10 games for Blackburn in the Championship
13 games for us, 10 in the premier league.

Played 37 games and only turns 20 end of next month.

…I like him lots too, Zat, but Lampard has to take a view on what he’s seen & might not agree with you and I. Last two games Lampard selected him were Brentford and Arsenal.

Lampard will have a view on who he wants to come in but one or two will leave to accommodate. Mina and Branthwaite seem the most likely to me. I simply can’t see anybody matching Keane’s wages and possibly Holgates too.

It’s interesting how much better, more confident he looked when he first came to us. Not sure what has happened.
He didn't though really. He came on for his debut and within 2 minutes he gave away a free kick in a dangerous position and then lost his man from it and we conceded. At that point he was very young though, so mistakes are forgiven much more. A couple of years later he doesn't look any worse but he doesn't look much better either. He's still young and the raw materials are there, but I think his performances this year have probably suggested he's still a fair bit off where he needs to be and a season away on loan would be the best plan.

I'm far from.sure that he is ready to play PL .
Hw would really benefit from a full season on loan in the Championship.

…I like him lots too, Zat, but Lampard has to take a view on what he’s seen & might not agree with you and I. Last two games Lampard selected him were Brentford and Arsenal.

Lampard will have a view on who he wants to come in but one or two will leave to accommodate. Mina and Branthwaite seem the most likely to me. I simply can’t see anybody matching Keane’s wages and possibly Holgates too.

I think he was dropped into a makeshift back 3 and was off in one and had a yoyo arsenal game.

If we signed Tarkowski then its an ideal guy to learn from in terms of organising and positioning and he could act as backup.

Keane and Holgate should be low transfer fees which mean clubs can used the saved fee to bridge any wage gap.

He didn't though really. He came on for his debut and within 2 minutes he gave away a free kick in a dangerous position and then lost his man from it and we conceded. At that point he was very young though, so mistakes are forgiven much more. A couple of years later he doesn't look any worse but he doesn't look much better either. He's still young and the raw materials are there, but I think his performances this year have probably suggested he's still a fair bit off where he needs to be and a season away on loan would be the best plan.

I hope in a better team, which is a bit more settled, with a better partner he would develop. He's likely most young CB's though, makes some mistakes, which get found out at this level.

I have said in the transfer thread United were linked with him, with Rangnicks desire to buy youth, and I could see that being a potentially goer if the right figure was offered. We can talk till the cows come home about Mina, Keane and Holgate, but nobody is going to pay much for them. Godfrey may see Newcastle bidding, and Brainthwaite for United. It may be a decision where a compromise happens, and we accept a price now on the basis that we have other priorities.

I would despair of our club , and Frank too, if we decide that we don’t want to develop a 19 year old left sided centre back who has all the physicality for the PL but is not ready yet and needs to be developed further . He‘s the kind of young player we need to develop and hold onto unless we get a stupid offer for him.

I would despair of our club , and Frank too, if we decide that we don’t want to develop a 19 year old left sided centre back who has all the physicality for the PL but is not ready yet and needs to be developed further . He‘s the kind of young player we need to develop and hold onto unless we get a stupid offer for him.

…me too but Lampard preferred Kenny to Patterson, I have no idea of his strategy.

I’m believing that Lampard chose pragmatism to ensure survival and we’ll see his true strategy coming out in the next few months ?.
Oh, I'm hoping he perseveres with the old pragmatism for as long as he's still got 75% of the current squad...

Status
Not open for further replies.