2021/22 Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone arguing to take a red card for the team after 17 minutes is clueless about football
I highly doubt he intentionally took a red but he had to stop that runner, however that situation shouldn't of happened. Can't blame him for the loss, 17 minutes gave us 77 to win the game, we led twice.

I highly doubt he intentionally took a red but he had to stop that runner, however that situation shouldn't of happened. Can't blame him for the loss, 17 minutes gave us 77 to win the game, we led twice.
Of course he didn't intend to do it. It was clumsy more than deliberate.

But you said people would have argued he should have did it deliberately. Anyone saying that is a bit mad. There were over 70 minutes left and our keeper was in a good position to make a save.

I dont want to be too hard on the lad. It was a big mistake but you have to expect that with young defenders. We shouldn't have had to rely on him today.

Of course he didn't intend to do it. It was clumsy more than deliberate.

But you said people would have argued he should have did it deliberately. Anyone saying that is a bit mad. There were over 70 minutes left and our keeper was in a good position to make a save.

I dont want to be too hard on the lad. It was a big mistake but you have to expect that with young defenders. We shouldn't have had to rely on him today.
To be very blunt about it: he wasn't up to the job.

He's not ready yet. Thats not his fault. Lampards reluctance to play him was unfortunately proved correct.

It wasn't just a clumsy challenge, it was clueless thinking. He should have tried to run goal side of him and not challenged him, or just let him get in front of him with room to spare and in on goal.

Exactly why Lampard hasn’t been playing the youth etc. one mistake could potentially send us down.
Double edged sword isn’t it? He hasn’t taken chances with the squad for fear of making a call that could be seen to contribute to a loss/ultimately relegation, but then when he’s forced to choose the players he’s so obviously avoided playing, he has to rely on them to be ready/confident enough to play.

Whatever happens, Lampard has had a very hard task on his hands. There’ll be players that, I’m sure it will come to light, didn’t fancy the fight or put the requisite effort in but VERY low on my list of those to blame will be an overeager teenager trying to do his best.

He was badly positioned and clumsy rather than deliberate, but it struck me as odd that he was playing central and not in his usual position of left centre back of a three. Maybe it was to get support from both Coleman and Holgate, but having the more experienced Holgate in the central position directing the defence would have made more sense……a wonderful thing this hindsight.

Want him gone, regardless of whether we stay up or not.

We've patted too many of our players on the back regardless of ability. The likes of Davies and yes even Gordon come to mind.

Ruthless clubs wouldnt be having any of the nonsense we saw today, whether they have come through our system or not.

He failed us today on the biggest stage, we havent got time for this kind of developmental project anywhere near the first team.

We've patted too many of our players on the back regardless of ability. The likes of Davies and yes even Gordon come to mind.

Ruthless clubs wouldnt be having any of the nonsense we saw today, whether they have come through our system or not.

He failed us today on the biggest stage, we havent got time for this kind of developmental project anywhere near the first team.

Shut up Kev you balloon

Fine mate, I stand by my point - his actions may have single handedly relegated us today, and I am fuming

See you in the Championship.
Branthwaite is the least of our problems you beaut, he’s shown enough before today on that score- supporters like you going in on kids for a mistake is part of the problem at this club.

Fine mate, I stand by my point - his actions may have single handedly relegated us today, and I am fuming

See you in the Championship.
Many, many, many, many moments of ineptitude will have relegated us if we go down. Not one single moment sends us down. His actions today may have cost us 3 points today, but not getting these 3 points hasn't sent us down. Nothing in isolation can be blamed for us going down Kev.

Status
Not open for further replies.