2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great news.

Keep him fres and hungry for us.

May stop the media and fans trying to sell him when he plays well.

Bad news for us that he's been dropped.

Pickford keeping his place for england has probably had a big impact on him staying with us through successive relegation battles (or he's just mad). Branthwaite doing the same gives us a better chance of holding onto him or increasing his value.

Marc Guehi gets absolutely rinsed every time he faces Calvert Lewin!

I don't think i; know what he's actually good at?

This sint even a 'its becasue he's picked over Branthwaite'

Tomori - tones of pace, strong, plays for a huge club
Kilman - Tall, strong, very good on the ball, quick, defensive set pieces
Tarkowski - Strong as an ox, no nonscence, threat in opposition box, defensive set pieces

For what its worth, i think out of all the centre backs picked for the squad........Gomez would be my pick next to Stones, Gomez is massively under rated

Bad news for us that he's been dropped.

Pickford keeping his place for england has probably had a big impact on him staying with us through successive relegation battles (or he's just mad). Branthwaite doing the same gives us a better chance of holding onto him or increasing his value.
That and the fact nobody else really wants to sign pickford

Dunk never has been nor ever will be of the quality required to win an international tournament. Branthwaite can be.

Really, really poor choice from England.

He'll be gutted, but lets hope it lights a fire under him to push on with us and show everyone what he can do.... and also hope it doesn't make him think he needs to leave to ever be truly recognised.

I’m glad Southgate and his bullying bell of an assistant don’t get to ingrain their particular brand of anti-football on young Jarrod. The decision to play Maguire at all costs and in every friendly so nobody else got a chance to gain valuable experience will likely bite Southgate and his monotonous, moribund footballing methods on the arse.
If England go out then I would imagine there is going to be a scapegoat in those very average looking defensive options, gladly it won’t be Branthwaite.
He’s had an exceptional season, he’s far better than every other centreback (except Stones) in that squad so I’m happier that he’s resting rather than watching on from the sidelines at inferior players getting picked ahead of him.
It seems that Gareth likes to go in to M and S and rub all the right footed shoes while salivating in his increasingly dull fashion wear. You and your magnificent left foot are better off away from him mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back