2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
With no Maguire it looks a bizarre choice. Dunk, Shaw and I think Stones on separate training plans due to injuries/recovery from niggles. Taking the young, hungry, bulletproof, bound to be fully fit English youngster that has played in one of the meanest defences in the league (even meaner if you exclude the random Chelsea drubbing) would really seem to be the safe option.

Southgate labelled as stable and cautious with selections and style, but really it’s fearful and unadventurous.

Can’t pick Grealish or Maddison due to missing chunks of the season and being low on form last couple of months, but take Toney who will spend a few weeks laying balls to Kane in shooting drills.

I really think it comes down to the fact that we don’t pass the ball. Not that he can’t do it but he doesn’t do it regularly under our management and as such it’s easier to be comfortable with someone who does.

Lazy argument though. It really annoys me that people keep saying (not you) that Branthwaite can't play with the ball because his stats at doing so this season are bad. That doesn't mean a player can't do it, it just means that they've not been utilised in that way. Dunk for example did not ball play at all prior to Potter but then he shifted to doing so. I really think for an outfield player it's overstated how hard it is to become a ball player. It just needs the right coaching and setup.

That left side of England will be a laugh to watch. Unfit overweight shaw or a rubbish tripper, then next to them dunk or guhei. Feel sorry for Pickford, and then we know the media will blame Pickford for conceding.

With no Maguire it looks a bizarre choice. Dunk, Shaw and I think Stones on separate training plans due to injuries/recovery from niggles. Taking the young, hungry, bulletproof, bound to be fully fit English youngster that has played in one of the meanest defences in the league (even meaner if you exclude the random Chelsea drubbing) would really seem to be the safe option.

Southgate labelled as stable and cautious with selections and style, but really it’s fearful and unadventurous.

Can’t pick Grealish or Maddison due to missing chunks of the season and being low on form last couple of months, but take Toney who will spend a few weeks laying balls to Kane in shooting drills.
He's picked Toney because he can score penalties

Lazy argument though. It really annoys me that people keep saying (not you) that Branthwaite can't play with the ball because his stats at doing so this season are bad. That doesn't mean a player can't do it, it just means that they've not been utilised in that way. Dunk for example did not ball play at all prior to Potter but then he shifted to doing so. I really think for an outfield player it's overstated how hard it is to become a ball player. It just needs the right coaching and setup.

It's like the anti Pickford bias we keep seeing in the media. Just before on talksport they were talking about Pickford and they say hopefully he perform well!!

Still towing the kopite agenda.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back