2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly thought everyone expected branthwaite and onana. It’s been so obvious that we need money and that good players would be happy to leave that I just thought everyone accepted that was the case. The hundreds of pages about them both leaving suggest that’s right but it seems like as soon as it’s been reported rather than just assumed people’s heads have gone a bit.
I expected one or the other

I honestly thought everyone expected branthwaite and onana. It’s been so obvious that we need money and that good players would be happy to leave that I just thought everyone accepted that was the case. The hundreds of pages about them both leaving suggest that’s right but it seems like as soon as it’s been reported rather than just assumed people’s heads have gone a bit.
I'm guessing that most expected Onana to be sold this summer to help comply with FFP and Branthwaite would join a Champions League team next summer...well that's what I was expecting. I didn't have Branthwaite down to join a mid table cup team.

I expected one or the other
I expected both both because of the finances and because when good teams come calling players will kick up a fuss and we’re not in a position to fight that. I think it’s been very clearly signposted in the press and even by the club themselves that both would go I genuinely can’t understand the backlash at all because it was so obvious this would happen. We’re only talking about interest still but surely nobody thought we would turn down an 80 mil bid for a player when we’re barely a going concern I can’t understand that sort of thinking at all.

I'm guessing that most expected Onana to be sold this summer to help comply with FFP and Branthwaite would join a Champions League team next summer...well that's what I was expecting. I didn't have Branthwaite down to join a mid table cup team.
I think sniping at united is a bit rich it’s a massive step up from us in reality.

Again I keep repeating myself Giulia Bould on a pod i heard today said, this year isn’t like the richarlison one and we won’t sell Branthwaite on the cheap
Everton will obviously say that. They're not gonna come out and go "lads were absolutely skint and desperate for cash by July 1st" are they

Tell me about it.

I live in a little Yorkshire village full of them telling me how hard they’ve had it over the last 7-8 years.

They’ve won more in that time than we will I my entire life time I’m sure. Not to mention regular European football. My heart bleeds.
There's a bloke who lives near me. He's 30 and told me a couple of years ago that he has supported United through the good times and the bad times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back