2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Annoying reports being pushed that he won’t entertain a new Everton contract unless it matches United’s £160k per week offer to him.

That £160k is utterly meaningless as they never actually tried to properly buy him. It’s like us offering Gnonto £675k per week and then submitting a £1million offer to Leeds, then him asking Leeds for £675k a week to stay. Rubbish.

Media working overtime to cosy up to United. Why bother? They offer nothing.

Annoying reports being pushed that he won’t entertain a new Everton contract unless it matches United’s £160k per week offer to him.

That £160k is utterly meaningless as they never actually tried to properly buy him. It’s like us offering Gnonto £675k per week and then submitting a £1million offer to Leeds, then him asking Leeds for £675k a week to stay. Rubbish.

Story is utter bs, for starters they state he's currently on 70k per week, he isn't, he's on around 35k

Story is utter bs, for starters they state he's currently on 70k per week, he isn't, he's on around 35k
Whilst we all know it happens with agents all the time etc, would also be quite interesting to have a documented salary offer with no bid accepted and no permission to talk to the player.

The reports re. Branthwaites wage demands whether true or contrived still sicken me that no one seems to bat an eyelid nowadays that individuals can earn so much just for kicking a ball around a field and that's before endorsements/add ons. It's so far removed from the real world but us mug punters still lap it all up.

But, I guess, it's a short career so we can't really complain given the majority of us (albeit I am now retired) have 40-50 years of pergutory to make our money, something the likes of Jarrad and his co-horts must be so envious of.

Reactions: MJA
Keep on £35k
Look again next summer
If signs new contract great
If not sell - Get top dollar as will still have 2 years left on existing deal.
That's the plan I reckon.
Won't sell now as got enough from Onana.
Sell one asset a year - if we have to.

The reports re. Branthwaites wage demands whether true or contrived still sicken me that no one seems to bat an eyelid nowadays that individuals can earn so much just for kicking a ball around a field and that's before endorsements/add ons. It's so far removed from the real world but us mug punters still lap it all up.

But, I guess, it's a short career so we can't really complain given the majority of us (albeit I am now retired) have 40-50 years of pergutory to make our money, something the likes of Jarrad and his co-horts must be so envious of.
His talent earns the club 200m+ a year.

I get it, footballers wages are obscene, but they work in an entertainment industry that has revenues in the billions.

Nobody bats an eyelid when Tom Cruise is paid 20m a movie.

Clickbait.
Agreed. And I would say no way we can afford 160k a week anyway. One more year on 70k a week, hopefully a good season and then i guess we will sell him for a decent profit. He may even decide to stay, moving I to a world class stadium rather than a 1980s dump.
Not sure scummy utd can afford 160k a week anyway they have a leaky roof and new stadium to pay for....

Its not really meaningless and it doesn't even really matter if the story itself is true because the principle of it will be right and that is that he knows his worth on the open market and so won't be happy to accept less than that its the same for all players.

Can see him getting a big ol’ new contract though. Doubt it would be at the same quoted figures but wouldn’t be supposed at say £90k per week, plus a loyalty bonus of £3m if he’s sold after 1 year, £6m @ year 2 etc so his earnings would be in the same ball park if he goes on our terms.
Club is covered a bit too in the event he decides he wants to force through a move with a transfer request to a club that isn’t offering the highest fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back