2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Him not signing a new contract doesn't really change anything. Nothing has suggested he's desperately trying to force a move this summer, he's under contract until 2027 so it's not like we need to sell him on the cheap next summer.

Him staying suits all parties at the moment as far as I can see, and then inevitably he'll go next summer.

.....unless we find another of our famous financial black holes on 29th August.

Him not signing a new contract doesn't really change anything. Nothing has suggested he's desperately trying to force a move this summer, he's under contract until 2027 so it's not like we need to sell him on the cheap next summer.

Him staying suits all parties at the moment as far as I can see, and then inevitably he'll go next summer.

.....unless we find another of our famous financial black holes on 29th August.
That's why it feels a nonsense story. We don't need to extend for the years and unlikely he's still here in 2027 either way. It would just be a reward for staying another season.

If you value the player at the highest transfer fees, then no wonder the agent/player wants a giant wage increase to reflect that.

Giving him 160k makes him impossible to move on later if he gets hurt or his form regresses.

I’m all for giving the lad a raise. He deserves it, but we can’t risk getting stuck with that wage the same way he would prefer a move today rather than risk next Summer.

His new contract was seemingly only posted by the dailymail, same as this one. Until somebody who isn't dog tier says this I wouldnt worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back