2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just enjoying his performances; that loan deal definitely worked and he's had a good run of game with many more to come. I think Tarks is having a realy positive influence on him and he looks good enough for the Premiership. At some point he'll have a drop in form but we need to back him to come good.

The more he plays at this level then the better he will get.

COYB

2027 but we hold a one year option to extend.

I'd be furious under £85mil and would be expecting £120mil looking at some recent deals.
What planet are these recent deals being done on because a 120mil deal would be the third most expensive transfer ever done on earth…

He’s a lovely composed defender apart from the occasional shank of a clearance. We’ll be doing well to hold on for more than a few years.

Weird he’s already Champions League quality in most defensive aspects apart from the one most pub league centre backs nail.

Age, nationality, potential. sure. Not a world record transfer for a CB. Unless he gets into Southgates squad and plays, it won't be a top 5 fee for a CB.

please stop licking mushrooms in the forest and come back down to reality my friend.

What planet are these recent deals being done on because a 120mil deal would be the third most expensive transfer ever done on earth…

Remember Wesley Fofana? Remember Harry Maguire?

Branthwaite has greater potential than both had and already looks to be amongst the best in the league.

We've seen Moises Caicedo going for £120 odd million when most thought he would be rated at £50-70mil.

Now the DM position value has increased tremendously, cant we expect the CB position to go the same way?

Hes on a 4 year deal and we have a 1 year extension option.

Over the coming 2-3 seasons how much can we predict top end CBs values increasing by?

This figure has to be priced into his valuation + an additional premium.

Otherwise we keep him 2-3 more seasons and benefit from the on pitch ability and his increased value.

Remember Wesley Fofana? Remember Harry Maguire?

Branthwaite has greater potential than both had and already looks to be amongst the best in the league.

We've seen Moises Caicedo going for £120 odd million when most thought he would be rated at £50-70mil.

Now the DM position value has increased tremendously, cant we expect the CB position to go the same way?

Hes on a 4 year deal and we have a 1 year extension option.

Over the coming 2-3 seasons how much can we predict top end CBs values increasing by?

This figure has to be priced into his valuation + an additional premium.

Otherwise we keep him 2-3 more seasons and benefit from the on pitch ability and his increased value.
LOL! Yes because all transfers for defenders in the league are based off the Fofana and Slabhead fee’s..

Pickford £70m
Branthwaite £120m
Onana £120m
DCL £50-60m

Our spine according to you is worth nearly £400m? We should be fighting for Europeans places and cup runs with the figures you’re associating the players with, not relegation.

LOL! Yes because all transfers for defenders in the league are based off the Fofana and Slabhead fee’s..

Pickford £70m
Branthwaite £120m
Onana £120m
DCL £50-60m

Our spine according to you is worth nearly £400m? We should be fighting for Europeans places and cup runs with the figures you’re associating the players with, not relegation.
The thing is though, that spine has only just started playing together, once the team get some confidence playing, we will all see that spine develop into a really good spine.

I am thinking back to the 83/84 team really struggling. But the majority of that team went on to win the league the following season

2027 but we hold a one year option to extend.

I'd be furious under £85mil and would be expecting £120mil looking at some recent deals.

Mate , I rate him but he hasn’t even played 10 games… even at 50m we would have to take the deal imo

Age, nationality, potential

Look at the other fees paid for the most expensive centre backs.

Pretty obvious Branthwaite should be a far higher fee.

Then look at now benchmark fees for DMs.

This is pretty basic stuff.

Mate nobody breaks world record fees for players that have played 10 games.

We will also never receive a record fee because we wouldn’t know how to negotiate one.

A kopite in work said to me that Brathwaite could fetch a hundred million now. I scoffed at the suggestion because of his limited playing time but I would say the way he is playing if he carries on getting better and he is here next season that value is certainly not out of the question.

A kopite in work said to me that Brathwaite could fetch a hundred million now. I scoffed at the suggestion because of his limited playing time but I would say the way he is playing if he carries on getting better and he is here next season that value is certainly not out of the question.
Well, he needs to remember that because apparently that pigeon fondler from that lot is calling for them to go in for Branthwaite.

Wouldn't ever entertain any negotiations with them

Why are you speaking to kopites ?

Further more , why are you listening to them?

Mate , I rate him but he hasn’t even played 10 games… even at 50m we would have to take the deal imo

Mate nobody breaks world record fees for players that have played 10 games.

We will also never receive a record fee because we wouldn’t know how to negotiate one.

Since when did i say to sell and since when did i say to sell in 2019 when he played 10 games?

What i wrote was that you have to price in what his value could be in 2-3 seasons time. Then add a premium on top as thats the price we make selling now rather in 2-3 seasons when we'd benefit from havimg him.

Whether you rate him at X amount now isnt what his value would be when pricing in value upside and the loss we would suffer losing him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back