2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thats the spirit Zat, furious if he goes under a world record transfer fee for a defender. Please return to sanity safely. xx

Age, nationality, potential

Look at the other fees paid for the most expensive centre backs.

Pretty obvious Branthwaite should be a far higher fee.

Then look at now benchmark fees for DMs.

This is pretty basic stuff.

Does this mean our under 18's are all £100m +? woohooo!

He's so good btw, that loan at psv has been amazing for him.

Not that I like selling our players but he'll be at a city level team in a few years for big big doe

Why is everyone going on like we are selling him, he’s just signed a new deal and looks very settled. Let’s just enjoy him rather than all moaning that he’s gonna leave us, like he’s getting off tomorrow.

4+1 year contract.

Makes no sense to sell now instead of waiting 2 years or so and seeing how much the values are then...or hopefully were in a position where we keep him.

The only logic to sell would be if the contract is considered and the increase in value and fees over the next 2-3 seasons.

Then its the money i was talking about.

It would be nice if judging by the success of what we have done with Branthwaite we can go into the market and do it again (i know in that BBC podcast Thelwell said we dont have the means for this type of thing at the moment, but hopefully that can change)

Next on the rank could be Charlie Hughes at Wigan, abit older and more experienced than Branthwaite was when we signed him, but looks the real deal

Age, nationality, potential. sure. Not a world record transfer for a CB. Unless he gets into Southgates squad and plays, it won't be a top 5 fee for a CB.

please stop licking mushrooms in the forest and come back down to reality my friend.

Age, nationality, potential. sure. Not a world record transfer for a CB. Unless he gets into Southgates squad and plays, it won't be a top 5 fee for a CB.

please stop licking mushrooms in the forest and come back down to reality my friend.

I think it will be a little while before any England recognition, especially in a tournament season.

A couple of things you need to remember, Southgate takes a cautious approach when bringing new players into the squad.

He also likes to have his favourites and stick with them, 2 of those being in particular Maguire & Guehi both left sided centre backs (irrelevant
of what you think of these players, Southgate will pick these 2)

Also he has Levi Colwill, another left sided centre back, who is excellent and got picked ahead of Branthwaite for the the under 21s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back