2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate he’s arguably the best player England has produced since Wayne Rooney.

England’s all time leading goalscorer.

Got bags full of goals and assists every
season in relatively average spurs teams.

Second only to Shearer in all time premier league goals, and probably would’ve broke the record if not for moving abroad.

He mightn’t be able to pronounce his S’s without falling over himself, but he’s a genuine world class footballer and easily in the conversation for best ever PL striker.
Average Spurs teams? They are probably on average 4-5th place over the last decade.

Curious if people would also claim Vardy was world class? Similar (ish) scoring records over 7/8 seasons in arguably a much more average Leicester team who scored less goals which could suggest less chances. Fact is Vardy actually won both the league and the FA Cup in that time!

World Class players win things..... or even then they make their clubs win things.

Rooney was a far better player than Kane.

Feel sorry for the lad but from a selfish point of view, I am glad he's not going tbh. Would have only increased the chances of losing him afterwards which will probably still happen anyway but best to not have him in the shop window either way. Have to say though, another absolutely shocking decision by the worst England manager i have ever seen. Hopefully this will be his last tournament as the manager.

His reasoning that it's too soon for him (despite his positive qualities and great season) would feel a bit more compelling if he hasn't called up Adam Wharton who was playing for Blackburn Rovers 6 months ago.

Top talent, left footed, plays with Pickford weekly. It's just a bad decision, even if he feels it important to have experienced Dunk in the squad with Maguire injured.

Feel sorry for the lad but from a selfish point of view, I am glad he's not going tbh. Would have only increased the chances of losing him afterwards which will probably still happen anyway but best to not have him in the shop window either way. Have to say though, another absolutely shocking decision by the worst England manager i have ever seen. Hopefully this will be his last tournament as the manager.

Not assed about England one jot

Or Southgate’ stick him as a club manager and he’s turd

Honestly just sack Southgate now. Quansah on standby. Utterly embarrassing
One played European football this season whilst the other played in the relegation battle.

As incredible is he is, sadly I believe he has little to no hope of being an England regular, if he stays with our car crash of a club. Pickford was an exception, doubt it will happen in the near future. Thank you Sir Farhad you utter bell.

One played European football this season whilst the other played in the relegation battle.

As incredible is he is, sadly I believe he has little to no hope of being an England regular, if he stays with our car crash of a club. Pickford was an exception, doubt it will happen in the near future. Thank you Sir Farhad you utter bell.
Shouldn't matter one bit what club you play for.

Predictable decision by Southgate to leave out a form player who has had an immense season in a poor team . England will never lift a trophy while this excuse for a manager is in charge.

If Southgate can't see that Branthwaite is a generational talent and should be fast tracked into the national team he's even more of an idiot than I thought he was.

I'm really not arsed about England ( although if would have been nice to have won a tournament) but we have no chance with this buffoon in charge. Any half decent manager couldn't fail with this talented group of players.

Can't wait until Southgate returns to club management and everyone can see what a blagger he is.

His reasoning that it's too soon for him (despite his positive qualities and great season) would feel a bit more compelling if he hasn't called up Adam Wharton who was playing for Blackburn Rovers 6 months ago.

Top talent, left footed, plays with Pickford weekly. It's just a bad decision, even if he feels it important to have experienced Dunk in the squad with Maguire injured.
Should be Pickford, stones and branthwaite as the central 3. Tarky should also be there ahead of dunk.
And I agree with you he says it’s to early for him, but then includes manino and wharton who have played 4 months of premier league football. Then to add further insult he places the rs centre half on standby. So Southgate excuse is a lair as far I’m concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back