2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really understand the desire to keep him for one more year because I don't see what difference it makes doing that. I could get it with Stones and Lukaku when it was saying give us one more year and you might change your mind and stay but I don't see the benefit in just getting one more year and then him definitely going anyway.
Because we would be less likely to get relegated next year, his value could go up, more potential buyers could arrive, we get to enjoy watching him for a season which is pretty much the point of being a football fan. We also might get a decent owner and qualify for europe, who knows.

I think they'll have us over a barrel and it'll be something like 50m upfront with 20-25m I'm add ons, some of which will never happen like 5m if they win the PL.

The reality should be 80m upfront with 20-30m in add ons. They paid 80m for slab head about 5 years ago so they set the market price for English centre halves.

I dont trust those currently in power to negotiate from a position of strength and hold their ground.
There is no 'set market value' in football. Much less one based on what has generally been seen as overpaying. It's like saying Everton set the market price for Icelandic midfielders when we signed Sigurdsson.

And I could be wrong but the 'they' who agreed that deal for Maguire aren't the 'they' who are pursuing this particular deal.

Because we would be less likely to get relegated next year, his value could go up, more potential buyers could arrive, we get to enjoy watching him for a season which is pretty much the point of being a football fan. We also might get a decent owner and qualify for europe, who knows.
I've already addressed all that in many other posts.

Really? Gets loads more money, they won a cup last year and the year before. They are owned by mega rich people and are likely to build a new stadium themselves. No matter what you say about their league form they also have superstars such as Manioo, Garnacho, Fernandes. Their spine next season could be ;

Onana
Braithwaite
Fernandes
Hojlund

Pretty decent if you ask me.
'Superstars' :lol:

I am gutted! Really hoped it would be Onana as the sacrificial lamb. My concern now is this: will the money disappear as used for June payments that we are all aware of OR, will it be ploughed into players??

I know the answer already - just don't want to believe it.

I hope there is a bidding war, going to UTD is practically a side step these days

They paid 82m for Antony so we should be demanding around the same
I think we are.
They are complicit in inflating the market so screw them if they want to try and be tight
I agree. We should point to our own prudence in the market over the years and lecture from a position of moral strength on the rewards of responsible spending. It's a fine negotiation tactic which will undoubtedly rattle and unnerve any who attempt to underhandedly gain favourable terms when negotiating with Everton Football Club.

Nobody else 'needs' him right now, it's the only chance imo for United to grab him.

Agreed, we could've really done with a bidding war between 2 or more clubs to maximise his fee if he goes. I still think the biggest issue for us would be how much up front, most transfers are staged these days but Everton would not like a get now pay later deal like we managed with Beto.

Look at the Lavia transfer this time last season. The RS really ballsed it up trying to be clever while raising his price, but while looking like a future superstar his injury and indifferent fitness have made it look like they dodged one.

Sadly I think anything above 35m upfront on a 50m deal would be hard to refuse. There would of course be the increasingly hard to achieve add-ons (qualify/win CL, top 4 etc) so Everton could say they'd sold him for "up-to" 70m.

No CB will ever cost £150m.

We're getting potentially £60-70m for a 21 year old CB who's unproven at international level and had one full season in the PL. That's about as good as it gets for a now perennially relegation-threatened side.
Chelsea paid 115mil for a midfielder with one good season in the premier league.

He's the best everton centre back I've seen since Brian labone and we had some great ones mid 80s...we are being bullied to sell cheaply because of psr..we might not get deducted points if we sell but how many will we lose without him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back