2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would they have loaned him out?
1720511429858.webp

United fans are very weird on the one hand they are insistent he isn't worth the asking price because he isn't in the England squad and has played one full PL season, on the other they desperately want him. They both want our player and to talk him down and not rate him and not pay his worth for some strange social media brag, they want their cake and to eat it? Very weird bunch.
Yeah I can’t get my head around that , simultaneously a key target for their rebuild deserving of a substantial salary but not worth an appropriate fee .

Belters

Harming his own career if he moves to Utd.

His agent should be telling him to wait for a move to a champions league club

He’ll end up at a club that competes for the major prizes , let’s not kid ourselves he’ll outgrow us in terms of competition and success before too long but why end up at united where you’ll only move on if they bomb you out and you’re still years from challenging for titles .

I think Utd have shown very poor judgement in trying to complete this transfer.

The initial bid was stupidly low, a bid that never could accept, even with a PSR issue.
They have now been forced to increase their bid to what should have been their opening bid and been rejected again. They now have to walk away and admit defeat or increase the bid by another 10m which will also probably be rejected. Branthwaite is now getting very dear for them as they don't have endless funds either. They have high earning players who are difficult to sell.
If there was an advantage in signing the player before June 30th that is now gone so they will have to pay full price.

He's really good when playing in a low block. He's ok in a higher one too. Young, pacy etc. So far his tackles have been spot on but there's the catch. As the great Maldini said: if a defender needs to commit in a tackle, a mistake has already been made. One day soon Branthwaite is going to get one wrong and we're down to ten men... And then it's going to happen on another day. He's not the finished product, yet. And no-one knows if he's ever going to be one either.

So I can in a way understand united's reluctance to pay 70 + add ons. I would sell him with that price. But not a penny less.

He's really good when playing in a low block. He's ok in a higher one too. Young, pacy etc. So far his tackles have been spot on but there's the catch. As the great Maldini said: if a defender needs to commit in a tackle, a mistake has already been made. One day soon Branthwaite is going to get one wrong and we're down to ten men... And then it's going to happen on another day. He's not the finished product, yet. And no-one knows if he's ever going to be one either.

So I can in a way understand united's reluctance to pay 70 + add ons. I would sell him with that price. But not a penny less.

He's already one of the best defenders I've ever seen at the club - and I was around for the 80's teams.

Personally, I think its clear that he's already brilliant and will only get even better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back