Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2024/25 Jarrad Branthwaite

Well, if the chances of keeping him beyond the summer of 2025 were zero on Monday morning, they must surely have ticked up since then. Onwards and upwards, Evertonians.

Feels like my brain has been plugged out of the Matrix with the possibility (and i know its only a possibility) of not having to sell our best players.

Was looking at Illy at the weekend and was half thinking "yeah Spurs or Newcastle will be in for him".

But what if...............

*Brain rewiring underway!

Feels like my brain has been plugged out of the Matrix with the possibility (and i know its only a possibility) of not having to sell our best players.

Was looking at Illy at the weekend and was half thinking "yeah Spurs or Newcastle will be in for him".

But what if...............

*Brain rewiring underway!
Well, I'm as pessimistic as most, but the Friedkins are not landing their spitfires to sell our best players to Man United unless that makes sense for us. And what makes sense for us is no longer desperate survival at all costs but loadsamoney.

Basically, we don't have to sell anyone - but I'm sure we will turn over the squad almost completely next summer. Many of our players are out of contract and won't be extended. We need a new team for whichever glamour manager the Friedkins install and for the new stadium.

New owners, new stadum, new manager, new team, new era, new hope. New world order.

We're back, Back, BACK!

Absolutely NO EXCUSE not to start him from the next game. He'll have had over 2 weeks of full training and a 90 minutes under his belt.
Good to start and reaching peak match fitness are different things.

It will take up to six full matches to regain his peak performance status.

It's like getting fit enough to surf, you have to surf 😉

It's why the new signings need a run of games before you can see their true mettal.

He's above them in my eyes, hopefully in his also.

Imagine we become a side though who can keep our better players - obviously but there are one or two who will go - but look at Sours, Villa, Newcastle - who leaves them these days, in the main and if they do they dictate the terms.

During the Moshiri years we lost Stones, Lukaku, Barkley, Idrissa, Lookman, Digne, Richarlison, Gordon and Onana.

Imagine we were able to convince players that they can compete here and as a club actually having the backing to make it happen.

Well, if the chances of keeping him beyond the summer of 2025 were zero on Monday morning, they must surely have ticked up since then. Onwards and upwards, Evertonians.

Probably not as far away from zero as most would like, however. PSR/FFP-wise, he's a goldmine.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back