2020/21 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
well you do like otherwise every player would be retired through injury.

feel sorry for the player but he obviously cannot be relied upon, so why keep him? just a waste of resources
No mate, it’s got nothing to do with retiring at all so I don’t know were that’s come from. A big injury and surgery will naturally unbalance the body.

he may recover fully, he may one of those players that can get 2 games and is then out for 8. It’s a toss of the coin.

I feel for the lad I really do, but he’s not even getting injured playing games, he’s picking “freak” injuries in training. He’s never going to be able to sustain a premier league season let’s be honest.

Really not sure what to think about this latest setback for JPG. I thought it was really odd that he came on against Palace. I have a small suspicion that the coaching staff may have thrown him in at the deep end just to see if he could cope as we will be without Doucs for the majority of the run in and Allan is missing a frustrating amount of matches too. The fact he's broken down again with an injury to a third different part of his body really does not look good for the lad, and as much sympathy as I have for him I think it would be ill-advised to include him in any kind of succession planning for our midfield. He can't be relied on and very frustratingly the only two that are fit week in, week out at the moment are Sigurdsson and Davies, who quality-wise are probably the two players we'd least want to see out there.

Why would players get injured in training due to extra workload? They’re all doing the same amount of training. I don’t think it has anything to do with squad depth tbh. We actually have a huge squad, problem is it’s full of absolute mud which makes it feel like it’s small.
A big squad and a deep squad are not the same thing though, as demonstrated by your last phrase!

Surely this is what insurance is taken out for.
I've been wondering how that works. Obviously insurance for footballers is a thing, but the costs at stake are huge and so must be the premiums. You don't need to be an actuary to work ot that JPG and Tosun are likely to get injured.

Appreciate its a guys career and health so don't want to be too calculating about it all, but I do wonder how much, if anything, we will be covered for with the two injuries (JPG and Tosun) that happened yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back