2020/21 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Davies must be the luckiest cart in world football.

By far our worst central midfielder, Delph aside, yet is literally the only one who hasn't suffered a single injury.

Normally he'd be about 5th choice in midfield, yet he's been able to watch Gomes almost lose his foot, Allan miss three months, Gbamin miss two years and Doucoure miss around 15 games.

Fair play to him, he should be at some mid-table team in the Championship, yet continously gets to play as we literally never have two better midfielders fit at the same time.

You do know that football clubs have insurance for this sort of thing like, we gotta pay premiums etc but they have Player Policies that all clubs have in place to cover injuries, wages, surgeries and rehab and career ending. Not all out the club coffers! and in a lot of player contracts they have Injury Clauses written in.

All calling out the club for bad management, training, health etc seriously have a word lads. This is business and at the end of it, Everton have been leaders in player care as long as I have supported the club. We set the bar many times, its not like we have kicked him out the door, we will have given him the best available.

Sad for the lad and all that but if he is done then is awful for him but we move on and cash in those policies.
Hopefully he can recover enough to still have a career somewhere.

You do know that football clubs have insurance for this sort of thing like, we gotta pay premiums etc but they have Player Policies that all clubs have in place to cover injuries, wages, surgeries and rehab and career ending. Not all out the club coffers! and in a lot of player contracts they have Injury Clauses written in.

All calling out the club for bad management, training, health etc seriously have a word lads. This is business and at the end of it, Everton have been leaders in player care as long as I have supported the club. We set the bar many times, its not like we have kicked him out the door, we will have given him the best available.

Sad for the lad and all that but if he is done then is awful for him but we move on and cash in those policies.
Hopefully he can recover enough to still have a career somewhere.

Stop being sensible.

I want the medical team and canteen staffed sacked on the spot for this.

Carlo said if we get a new midfielder will depend on Gbamin.

New midfielder it is then
That would be really stupid thing to rely on from Carlo. You cannot possibly rely on a player who hasn't played in pretty much 2 years. It just doesn't happen. If he can be backup/late sub, great. That's like saying "we don't need a RW, we have James" completely ignoring the other half of the season we don't have literally anyone.

By far our worst central midfielder, Delph aside, yet is literally the only one who hasn't suffered a single injury.

Normally he'd be about 5th choice in midfield, yet he's been able to watch Gomes almost lose his foot, Allan miss three months, Gbamin miss two years and Doucoure miss around 15 games.

Fair play to him, he should be at some mid-table team in the Championship, yet continously gets to play as we literally never have two better midfielders fit at the same time.

You'd think Brands' phone would be ringing off the hook with agents of CMs whose clients feel they aren't getting enough playing time.

Of course, maybe it is and said players are all dross.

Watching this guy train the other week, I said to my son he looks a liability in training the way he falls about and trying to control the ball not with proper balance.
The one thing this has confirmed is that Brands needs to find a midfielder

By far our worst central midfielder
, Delph aside, yet is literally the only one who hasn't suffered a single injury.

Nah. Gomes.

I mean there's nowt we can do. He's our player.

It's awful for him and just have to hope it's not as serious as the others.

I'm fed up of Everton though. It seems proper amateur at times. Need a full review of what goes on at FF and stuff needs to change. We can't carry on with this paperthin squad. As much as I'm not happy with Brands, he can't legislate for our players being unable to stay fit. Whatever is going on in terms of their nutrition, recovery, training, the type of training etc, it's all clearly not working.
There's something the amount of injuries we get is obscene and usually in midfield/wide areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back