2020/21 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
No mate, it’s got nothing to do with retiring at all so I don’t know were that’s come from. A big injury and surgery will naturally unbalance the body.

he may recover fully, he may one of those players that can get 2 games and is then out for 8. It’s a toss of the coin.
Nar I get that like, get what your saying his big injuries will cause the smaller injuries as well ( given they've been muscle related as well )

But again if he is one of those players that is 2 games played 8 games out than we surely need to try and shift him in, obviously can't cancel his contract but when he gets fit again should be looking to flog him tbh. We have had too many of these injuries proned players over the years haven't we, mad that they all play cm as well ( gbamin, mcarthhy, Delph, besic ) etc etc

What a complete waste of space. Dear me.

Have sympathy for him as our medic team are obviously poor but 3 "freak" injuries one right after each other without even one full game played in between?

Bit iffy dat think for all parties its best taking him to the glue factory and see if the insurance pays out.

Dont see how its fair that we take a £25 million hit on the books + wages FFP wise when he's played less than 2 and a half games for us in 2 years.

Have sympathy for him as our medic team are obviously poor but 3 "freak" injuries one right after each other without even one full game played in between?

Bit iffy dat think for all parties its best taking him to the glue factory and see if the insurance pays out.

Dont see how its fair that we take a £25 million hit on the books + wages FFP wise when he's played less than 2 and a half games for us in 2 years.
I mean there's nowt we can do. He's our player.

It's awful for him and just have to hope it's not as serious as the others.

I'm fed up of Everton though. It seems proper amateur at times. Need a full review of what goes on at FF and stuff needs to change. We can't carry on with this paperthin squad. As much as I'm not happy with Brands, he can't legislate for our players being unable to stay fit. Whatever is going on in terms of their nutrition, recovery, training, the type of training etc, it's all clearly not working.

Why would players get injured in training due to extra workload? They’re all doing the same amount of training. I don’t think it has anything to do with squad depth tbh. We actually have a huge squad, problem is it’s full of absolute mud which makes it feel like it’s small.

IMO, some of them are getting injured because they're clocking too many minutes in matches. They're being asked to go 90 minutes every time out, and eventually break down. As an example, I suspect that's what laid DCL low for a few games.

In those cases, we might be better off altering the training workload for those players a touch - eg: a little less running, a few more passing drills.

Squad depth only matters to the extent that you use the players - if you never deploy them in the rotation due to ability, they don't actually contribute to depth.

Not relevant to Gbamin's situation obviously, as we seem to have taken our time and been careful about bringing him back. As I said, shades of Stu Holden on this one. Unfortunate and impossible to predict.

I love the fact he made a brief appearance and then was all over social media saying how great it was to be back and to finally be able to put the injury nightmares behind him

An Everton player suffering injuries really brings out the bells in our fanbase.

I'm a little disappointed in some of what I'm seeing.

The jokes I can understand for wanting to make light of bad news, but the ones genuinely blaming the lad for it? Don't get it. We're all frustrated by it but it aint his fault.

Seems fair, though I'd also say that some of the jokes seem in poor taste.

Rotten luck for him. I hope some time he gets a run of games to show what he’s about. Looks like maybe next season then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back