2020/21 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
A player coming off the back of a long season and then a long international tournament was never going to be fit to start the season. Yes, he didn't put him on the pitch, but he forced Silva's hand by selling Gueye in the first place and so Silva needed to get a body or two in there to fill that Gueye sized hole in front of the defence.

All roads lead back to Brands on Gbamin. I dont blame the player at all; I blame Brands.

oh look, Dave has an agenda to push

:hayee:

oh look, Dave has an agenda to push

:hayee:
I think Brands is a controversial character at this club. His purchase of Gbamin is all part of that: the lack of rigour in his method.

Thankfully he wont be making decisions on signings of that magnitude again, now Ancelotti has taken control of big cash signings.

I think Brands is a controversial character at this club. His purchase of Gbamin is all part of that: the lack of rigour in his method.

Thankfully he wont be making decisions on signings of that magnitude again, now Ancelotti has taken control of big cash signings.
Signing a fully fit player who was averaging 30 games a season is somehow a failure

Marvellous trolling

Sometimes, a signing with a clear injury record just doesn't work out. Stu Holden was great for eight months for Bolton, then Jonny Evans kneecapped him, and after a series of failed comebacks he ended up in the booth. You can't plan for that stuff.

It's not, if we did claim on insurance his career would have to be over, which it's not.

Then any insurance payout would only be the remaining wages on his contract.
I think you have confirmed my point. His career is not over, so insurance will not pay up. im sure this sort of insurance has all sorts of clauses to prevent frivolous claims. It wouldn’t surprise me if it only paid up after the players contract has ended and he has not gone anywhere else.

Sometimes, a signing with a clear injury record just doesn't work out. Stu Holden was great for eight months for Bolton, then Jonny Evans kneecapped him, and after a series of failed comebacks he ended up in the booth. You can't plan for that stuff.
Back in the day Peter Reid was seen as an injury prone table merchant before he came to us... Different era I know, but still the precedent.

...of all the examples you could have selected, you go for one where absolutely no blame can be accorded to the DoF. It blows your argument directly out of the water and suggests your opinion is without reason, unbalanced, unfair and simply partisan.

I’m not saying you don’t have a case re Brands.

Last edited:

very interesting/sad story is Stuart Holding and his career....he was attacked outside a bar by a newcastle fan because he was on trial at sunderland, fractured eye socket....came back and got injured, got released.

cracking player he was

...of all the examples you could have selected, you go for one where absolutely no blame can be accorded to the DoF. It blows your argument directly out of the water and suggests your opinion is without reason, unbalanced, unfair and simply partisan.

I’m not saying you don’t have a case re Brands.
True to form so

A player coming off the back of a long season and then a long international tournament was never going to be fit to start the season. Yes, he didn't put him on the pitch, but he forced Silva's hand by selling Gueye in the first place and so Silva needed to get a body or two in there to fill that Gueye sized hole in front of the defence.

All roads lead back to Brands on Gbamin. I dont blame the player at all; I blame Brands.
With that Trumpesque logic, we wont be able to sign anyone this summer. It’s more contrived than a Giuliana lawsuit.

You blame Brands for his injuries? Dave don't be pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back