2020/21 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
A player coming off the back of a long season and then a long international tournament was never going to be fit to start the season. Yes, he didn't put him on the pitch, but he forced Silva's hand by selling Gueye in the first place and so Silva needed to get a body or two in there to fill that Gueye sized hole in front of the defence.

All roads lead back to Brands on Gbamin. I dont blame the player at all; I blame Brands.

Well of course you do, Dave! :coffee:

You blame Brands for his injuries? Dave don't be pathetic.
I blame him for signing a knackered player to replace one who had just hasd the best season he'd had in that role...thus leaving Silva no alternative other than to play said knackered player early in the season.

All roads lead back to Brands on Gbamin.

...of all the examples you could have selected, you go for one where absolutely no blame can be accorded to the DoF. It blows your argument directly out of the water and suggests your opinion is without reason, unbalanced, unfair and simply partisan.

I’m not saying you don’t have a case re Brands.
DoF sells key player
DoF buys replacement not 100% fit to start season
Manager has no option but to play 100% fit player
Player gets injured because of fatigue

That's not too difficult to follow, is it?

DoF sells key player
DoF buys replacement not 100% fit to start season
Manager has no option but to play 100% fit player
Player gets injured because of fatigue

That's not too difficult to follow, is it?

....I imagine many players are purchased on long-term deals who might not be match fit when they arrive in the summer. Getting them match fit & managing game time is not the responsibility of DoF. I really don’t think it’s part of the criteria to ensure a player is match fit when he signs pre-season.

The major gaff (as far as I’m concerned) is Delph who had a history of hamstring problems. That should be part of the transfer criteria/checklist any responsible DoF considers. Delph should have been given a wide berth, just as James McCarthy should’ve been shifted when his troubles started.

....I imagine many players are purchased on long-term deals who might not be match fit when they arrive in the summer. Getting them match fit & managing game time is not the responsibility of DoF. I really don’t think it’s part of the criteria to ensure a player is match fit when he signs pre-season.

The major gaff (as far as I’m concerned) is Delph who had a history of hamstring problems. That should be part of the transfer criteria/checklist any responsible DoF considers. Delph should have been given a wide berth.
Selling a player with 3 years left on his contract and who the manager desperately wanted to keep WAS his call. That was the source of the problem. Everything that happened after that flowed from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back