2020/21 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Silva had every option not to rush him in, he could have easily gone 2 up top for that first game at Palace
A managerial decision on team formation pales into insignificance when weighed against a decision to sell from under him his preferred best player.

If it helps @davek, I blame Brands for the new Variant Covid. After all, I'm sure he will be responsible if you could just form the chain of logic for me.

About as sensible as your view on Gbamin. Or anything for that matter.
You're being ridiculous because you're having to avoid the logic presented.

I blame him for signing a knackered player to replace one who had just hasd the best season he'd had in that role...thus leaving Silva no alternative other than to play said knackered player early in the season.

All roads lead back to Brands on Gbamin.
Come on mate, the guy hadn’t had any lengthy injuries when Brands signed him. If you’re going to blame anyone for Gbamin having to play blame Schneiderlin for getting a stupid red card that forced us to play him when he wasn’t ready

Come on mate, the guy hadn’t had any lengthy injuries when Brands signed him. If you’re going to blame anyone for Gbamin having to play blame Schneiderlin for getting a stupid red card that forced us to play him when he wasn’t ready
There's plenty of blame to go round (apart from on the player himself, who is completely innocent). But the situation doesn't arise if Brands hadn't sold Gueye against Silva's wishes.

Selling a player with 3 years left on his contract and who the manager desperately wanted to keep WAS his call. That was the source of the problem. Everything that happened after that flowed from it.

...I presume you mean Gueye. The power is very much with players these days and who knows what was promised to him when he signed that deal. Without knowing that detail it’s hard to criticise the sale. You could be critical if we’d not got £30m for him, but once a player sets his heart on a move it invariably happens.

Gbamin might have actually been a better fit for the way the Manager/DoF wanted to play.

If I listed the DoFs ‘what was good’ and ‘what was bad’ deals, I don’t think I’d include the selling of Gueye in the bad column.

Read on Twitter that there was a rumour doing the rounds that Gbamin had picked up another injury. Certainly hope this to be a load of nonsense; the lad has had a hard enough time of it as it is. Even when he's fit again (Estimated to be Jan/Feb I believe) I think he'll need to be gradually reintroduced back into the fold; we may not see him play until next season.

There's plenty of blame to go round (apart from on the player himself, who is completely innocent). But the situation doesn't arise if Brands hadn't sold Gueye against Silva's wishes.
I’m pretty sure we gave assurances in January that if he didn’t cause trouble and played to the end of the season, if PSG came in with a suitable offer (which they did) we wouldn’t stand in his way. I’m happy being a club that, on this occasion, honours their word (as I perceive the situation).

Gblammo was first and foremost, unlucky. Add to that mismanagement through adding him to the team before properly conditioned and (perhaps) a lack of sufficient squad purchasing has put him where he is.

COVID is all on Brands though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back