2020/21 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
very interesting/sad story is Stuart Holding and his career....he was attacked outside a bar by a newcastle fan because he was on trial at sunderland, fractured eye socket....came back and got injured, got released.

cracking player he was

Indeed he was. Tons of promise, and he'd likely have been one of the young US players at one of the big fish in this era. (Whether he'd have made it there is another question.)

I was very happy to see him land on his feet.

FA Cup match feels like the perfect re-introduction. Give him 60 minutes and then launch from there.
What the *&^$# the guy has had a couple of matches over nearly 1.5-2 years, just back doing individual training in and around the squad and you want to give him 60mins in a quarter final against Man U? God give me strength.

As much as we are desperate for quality off the bench in midfield, the fact is, we aren't desperate for bodies there currently. I love that Carlo plans to take this very slow. If we are to have any chance at longevity with this guy, that has to be the way. 60 mins v Rotherham and available on the bench from there.

What the *&^$# the guy has had a couple of matches over nearly 1.5-2 years, just back doing individual training in and around the squad and you want to give him 60mins in a quarter final against Man U? God give me strength.
FA cup match is Rotherham in 2 weeks, mate.

Pardon me? The Man U game is the Carabao Cup - the FA Cup is in January.

...I presume you mean Gueye. The power is very much with players these days and who knows what was promised to him when he signed that deal. Without knowing that detail it’s hard to criticise the sale. You could be critical if we’d not got £30m for him, but once a player sets his heart on a move it invariably happens.

Gbamin might have actually been a better fit for the way the Manager/DoF wanted to play.

If I listed the DoFs ‘what was good’ and ‘what was bad’ deals, I don’t think I’d include the selling of Gueye in the bad column.
He was our best player when he left. How is that not a bad decision?

I’m pretty sure we gave assurances in January that if he didn’t cause trouble and played to the end of the season, if PSG came in with a suitable offer (which they did) we wouldn’t stand in his way. I’m happy being a club that, on this occasion, honours their word (as I perceive the situation).

Gblammo was first and foremost, unlucky. Add to that mismanagement through adding him to the team before properly conditioned and (perhaps) a lack of sufficient squad purchasing has put him where he is.

COVID is all on Brands though.
No one knows that was the case, it's pure speculation.

The facts are that he had 3 years left on his contract - and the manager wanted him to stay, but the DoF wanted cash in from a sale...presumably because he wanted to sell a player for decent cash for once, given that he's been abysmal at shifting dead wood out the door.

Gueye WANTED to go
He wanted to go in January
He was told he could go in the summer and played fantastically between Jan and Summer
If a player wants to go he invariably goes
Lol.

Please provide the evidence for that statement.

No one knows that was the case, it's pure speculation.

The facts are that he had 3 years left on his contract - and the manager wanted him to stay, but the DoF wanted cash in from a sale...presumably because he wanted to sell a player for decent cash for once, given that he's been abysmal at shifting dead wood out the door.
You’re never one to quote speculation as fact are you mate.

never... not once.

Not even when you speculated that the DoF WANTED to cash in on him in this very message.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back