2020/21 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I blame him for signing a knackered player to replace one who had just hasd the best season he'd had in that role...thus leaving Silva no alternative other than to play said knackered player early in the season.

All roads lead back to Brands on Gbamin.
He's not knackered you fool. He's just been unfortunate with injuries,if anything point the finger at the duff medical team.

There's plenty of blame to go round (apart from on the player himself, who is completely innocent). But the situation doesn't arise if Brands hadn't sold Gueye against Silva's wishes.
To be fair though, I don’t think anyone wanted to see Gueye go, other than Gueye himself. Brands did well to get the fee he got for him

There's plenty of blame to go round (apart from on the player himself, who is completely innocent). But the situation doesn't arise if Brands hadn't sold Gueye against Silva's wishes.
Gueye WANTED to go
He wanted to go in January
He was told he could go in the summer and played fantastically between Jan and Summer
If a player wants to go he invariably goes

Good, so he's back with the squad? That's fine and I'm fully on board with the "let's take our time with him". Just don't see the point of taking our time for a player who is in another country ffs.

He’s been back in the UK for about 2 weeks, cos Carlo said the other week that he was meeting with him and a doctor

That's not what he was alluding to less than a week ago. He was saying he was waiting for him to show up as well.

Irrelevant, glad he's in the country and working with the squad. Hopefully he can be that key cog that shores up midfield completely when everyone gets healthy again.

That's not what he was alluding to less than a week ago. He was saying he was waiting for him to show up as well.

Irrelevant, glad he's in the country and working with the squad. Hopefully he can be that key cog that shores up midfield completely when everyone gets healthy again.

Think it was a lost in translation thing. I think Carlo meant "show up", as in be available to start matches rather than literally turn up at finch farm lol

Anyway, no point rushing the lad back. He'll be desperate to play again so will have to be managed. If he can maybe make the bench soon or get a run out in the FA cup then that's more than good enough for me. This will take time for him but Carlo has been there, seen it, done it, with players coming off long term injuries.

Think it was a lost in translation thing. I think Carlo meant "show up", as in be available to start matches rather than literally turn up at finch farm lol

Anyway, no point rushing the lad back. He'll be desperate to play again so will have to be managed. If he can maybe make the bench soon or get a run out in the FA cup then that's more than good enough for me. This will take time for him but Carlo has been there, seen it, done it, with players coming off long term injuries.

FA Cup match feels like the perfect re-introduction. Give him 60 minutes and then launch from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back