2020/21 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has there been any legit news source on this supposed injury?

It's not good news mate, have heard a rumour that the club have just had these shipped to France.

1608589114747.png

135 minutes of football for Everton. That works out at having spent over £185,000 for every minute.

Hats off to Brands, he knows how to pick up the bargains.

I agree with a lot of what you put mate, and while I see Brands a bit differently you're view on him is an important one. We need scrutiny, and that extends also to the concept of DOF as well as the indivdual.

However you can't really blame him for Gbamin. He went onto a pitch too early from the manager, broke down and has suffered 2 further long term injuries, He had a good injury record before. It is unlucky.

Delph was a poor buy, with a poor injury record, but Gbamin is just bad luck. A bit like Bolasie.

If you don't find it a bit odd that the manager doesn't know when to expect a player returning from injury to simply rejoin the squad at all then I'm not sure what you would consider odd. All he has to do is ask "oh, hey, when is Gblammo expected to come back to England?" and that's the end of it. Ancelotti sounds like he's not given any update of the player. He was expected to rejoin in November, then December now it's "oh, I'm looking for him to eventually come back to us as well!"

How is that not odd? He's not even in the country for anyone to watch over his rehab. If the club thought that our physios couldn't handle him coming back from an Achilles injury then we probably need new physios.

I agree with a lot of what you put mate, and while I see Brands a bit differently you're view on him is an important one. We need scrutiny, and that extends also to the concept of DOF as well as the indivdual.

However you can't really blame him for Gbamin. He went onto a pitch too early from the manager, broke down and has suffered 2 further long term injuries, He had a good injury record before. It is unlucky.

Delph was a poor buy, with a poor injury record, but Gbamin is just bad luck. A bit like Bolasie.
A player coming off the back of a long season and then a long international tournament was never going to be fit to start the season. Yes, he didn't put him on the pitch, but he forced Silva's hand by selling Gueye in the first place and so Silva needed to get a body or two in there to fill that Gueye sized hole in front of the defence.

All roads lead back to Brands on Gbamin. I dont blame the player at all; I blame Brands.

Status
Not open for further replies.