2020/21 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did a doubletake at No. 25 and the unfamiliar head of hair. Is a very large gent as others have noted and also seems to have some pace - since F=ma I look forward to him knocking some opposing midfielders into next week. Great to see him back.

If Goodison is full then the place explodes like a New Years Eve celebration when he comes on and we win that game IMO.
Why is F MA wrong?
Tl;dr: Because of math (and taking into consideration relativistic effects when doing math). F=ma is not a definition of force, because force has much more to it than just a number. What you can do is say, "Let me define a variable x, which I will call force as mass*acceleration."

great to see him back on the pitch but it was not the right sub to make

when he came on he was not up to the pace of the game and got dispossessed a few times leading to counters

thankfully palace were crap and hoofed their counters back to us but still another team could have punished us

he will need game time, i don't know why he hasn't been sent to the under 23's to get it

great to see him back on the pitch but it was not the right sub to make

when he came on he was not up to the pace of the game and got dispossessed a few times leading to counters

thankfully palace were crap and hoofed their counters back to us but still another team could have punished us

he will need game time, i don't know why he hasn't been sent to the under 23's to get it
Said this on our WhatsApp group. Why are players not getting up to speed in the 23s first when only back from injury. Wasn't a game for him to be thrown into

Just really pleased that he came through that without injury. However it was a terrible substitution by Carlo.

Just really pleased that he came through that without injury. However it was a terrible substitution by Carlo.
Why ? We didn't lose because of Gbamin, we lost because we didn't take our chances, we lost because our two best players on the night had to come off, Coleman because it was his 4th game in 12 days and James because he wanted to come off. It could have been a free kick to us i felt DCL was impeded, from there Keane and Godfrey (who has been absolved of any blame, Zaha came into it when Godfrey came on) had to much or a gap between them. Rob Green also said Olsen was poor and i think i would agree.

Plenty blame to go around ere mate but definitely not on Carlo or Gbamin.

....I know it’s unpopular but I didn’t mind the substitution so much. He replaced a no10, not a CM so the thought process was to give us a bit more mobility (Rodriguez was treading water and the opposition were running past him).

The downside of bringing Rodriguez off is his ability to keep hold of the ball.

....I know it’s unpopular but I didn’t mind the substitution so much. He replaced a no10, not a CM so the thought process was to give us a bit more mobility (Rodriguez was treading water and the opposition were running past him).

The was fine for me. It would have been better to have had a fit Delph on the bench, but thats where we were left.

He looked a long way off the pace, but you only get up to pace by playing.

Pretty sure I seen James gesturing over to the bench about 5 mins before his sub. I feel like it's at the point where they've asked him to let them know when he's tired and needs to come off.

Why ? We didn't lose because of Gbamin, we lost because we didn't take our chances, we lost because our two best players on the night had to come off, Coleman because it was his 4th game in 12 days and James because he wanted to come off. It could have been a free kick to us i felt DCL was impeded, from there Keane and Godfrey (who has been absolved of any blame, Zaha came into it when Godfrey came on) had to much or a gap between them. Rob Green also said Olsen was poor and i think i would agree.

Godfrey's been absolved of any blame because he's a centre half who was asked to play right wing back (possibly for the first time ever?) by the manager who you say definitely wasn't to blame. We lost for a number of reasons, one of which was that the substitution of James for Gbamin made us no more solid - because Gbamin looked every inch a player who hasn't stepped foot on a pitch for 20 months - and much worse at keeping hold of the ball.

Godfrey's been absolved of any blame because he's a centre half who was asked to play right wing back (possibly for the first time ever?) by the manager who you say definitely wasn't to blame. We lost for a number of reasons, one of which was that the substitution of James for Gbamin made us no more solid - because Gbamin looked every inch a player who hasn't stepped foot on a pitch for 20 months - and much worse at keeping hold of the ball.
wait-what-gif.gif

I was amazed he came on, only really been back in training since just before the international break. Glad he has come back. Hopefully we will see a bit more of him before the end of the season and we can judge him better on his ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.