2021/22 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean 'end to the criminality'?

One - GS, if that's who you're referring to, wasn't charged and, as far as I'm aware, hasn't yet been. That may change.

The club will have been aware of this Gbamin incident since August mate

Niasse, Gibson, Baxter been quite a few upto no good at the club tbh

Young lads on infinite money doing dumb things is not a new thing.

The story from his lawyer sounds believable tbh, I had mates stay over mine when we were younger who thought they could go sleep at 3, wake up at 8 and be sober because they slept.

If the story from the lawyer is true then he’s just an idiot who has hopefully learned his lesson rather than being a dangerous bell end. Would also make sense on the ‘why didn’t he get a taxi’ thing if it was 6am, probably couldn’t get anyone.

Young lads on infinite money doing dumb things is not a new thing.

The story from his lawyer sounds believable tbh, I had mates stay over mine when we were younger who thought they could go sleep at 3, wake up at 8 and be sober because they slept.

If the story from the lawyer is true then he’s just an idiot who has hopefully learned his lesson rather than being a dangerous bell end. Would also make sense on the ‘why didn’t he get a taxi’ thing if it was 6am, probably couldn’t get anyone.

he was actually on ket and it was a 4am kitchen jobby mate

"What happened at 5am that morning was that he had been out earlier. He had had some sleep but in the early hours, he was asked if he could take someone home.

'Because he had some sleep, and he felt okay to drive, he got into that vehicle. That was a huge mistake. It was a huge misjudgment."

Sorry, but if anyone wakes me up at 5am asking for a lift, they'd get told to go back asleep or I'd sort them an Uber. Who needs to be somewhere at 5am, after going back to someones house after a night out?

The only time I can think of that happening is if the party kept going at the house and when it died down, taxis home were arranged. But never go back to someones house, sleep, then wake up and ask for a lift at 5am.

"What happened at 5am that morning was that he had been out earlier. He had had some sleep but in the early hours, he was asked if he could take someone home.

'Because he had some sleep, and he felt okay to drive, he got into that vehicle. That was a huge mistake. It was a huge misjudgment."

Sorry, but if anyone wakes me up at 5am asking for a lift, they'd get told to go back asleep or I'd sort them an Uber. Who needs to be somewhere at 5am, after going back to someones house after a night out?

The only time I can think of that happening is if the party kept going at the house and when it died down, taxis home were arranged. But never go back to someones house, sleep, then wake up and ask for a lift at 5am.
FFS get a delta

Put it this way, my wife owns an MRC tuned Audi TT RS, does 0-60mph in about 3 seconds, but I wouldn't call that a 'supercar' either, regardless of performance. It would beat a lot of supercars around a track, but it just isn't a supercar itself. It isn't mid-engined, isn't 'exotic' enough, and would be decimated top end by actual supercars. I don't want to turn this thread into an episode of Fifth Gear, so I'll agree to disagree lol
TT RS has 480 Nm torque. Top speed 280. Q8 RS has 800 Nm. Ever tried a A6 Rs?

Put it this way, my wife owns an MRC tuned Audi TT RS, does 0-60mph in about 3 seconds, but I wouldn't call that a 'supercar' either, regardless of performance. It would beat a lot of supercars around a track, but it just isn't a supercar itself. It isn't mid-engined, isn't 'exotic' enough, and would be decimated top end by actual supercars. I don't want to turn this thread into an episode of Fifth Gear, so I'll agree to disagree lol
What the hell is Audi TT red shoite?

It's a stupid thing to do, obviously, and I'm not sure why you'd have to drive anywhere at 5am even after a few hours sleep.

But I know I've done worse, as in being on it for an entire day at a festival and driven back from Sheffield at 11am the next morning. I wasn't p*****, but if I'd had an incident, I guess i'd have failed a breathalyser.

I'm not condoning it at all, btw. What he did was stupid and what I did I guess was worse. But people getting on their high horse in here and on twitter have probably done much worse too!
I think we all condemn drink driving , but when I started driving first there was a completely different attitude towards drink driving and it took many of us a long time to adapt to just not driving if you have any drink taken. I certainly am not in a position to judge him.

Gbamin made a mistake, he has paid the price and apologised, I don't think there is much more that he can do.
Just let him get on with his job and his life.

Status
Not open for further replies.