Confirmed Signing Jesper Lindstrom

Where are we going to play him?
Apparently he's not really a winger as he's not that fast.
Apparently his best position is central as offensive player but isn't a number 10?
Just reading some interview with a Danish footie expert https://www.everton.news/danish-foo...r-lindstrom-as-he-gets-ready-to-join-everton/

''Napoli bought him to play wide, which is just not his position. He isn’t fast enough or a good enough dribbler to play effectively as a winger. He needs to play centrally in order to utilize his strengths and come into areas where he can help the team the most.''

I'd say he's right now around about that McNeil/Harrison level. He's got good attributes and is a good fit for a Dyche team I reckon.

Not sure he has that 'wow' factor but I think he'll be a much more useful loan than Danjuma was, purely because of the fit of the player and the style of play.

Go get another winger in with genuine pace (we all know who the main target is) and we've got 4 very good options I reckon.
So, what telling me Toff is that he's absolutely garbage then 😆

Looking at the above, we do need to see some goals coming from the Likes of D'diaye and others coming in. Even for the players here stillthese numbers are pretty woeful.

So, what telling me Toff is that he's absolutely garbage then 😆
I like both McNeil and Harrison mate personally, the problem with both is in a team that generally lacks pace throughout they both do too, so makes us very very one paced.

Problem with having too many similar players physically

I like both McNeil and Harrison mate personally, the problem with both is in a team that generally lacks pace throughout they both do too, so makes us very very one paced.

Problem with having too many similar players physically

I have a fond dislike for them both, along with our midfield, full backs and striking options. Along with our bench and some of our backroom staff, I hate nearly every single thing about Everton.

Except Tarkowski and Branthwaite who I like along with Pickford.

But when someone says they're at the same level as Mcneil or Harrison, my instant reaction will be "they're crap then".

I have a fond dislike for them both, along with our midfield, full backs and striking options. Along with our bench and some of our backroom staff, I hate nearly every single thing about Everton.

Except Tarkowski and Branthwaite who I like along with Pickford.

But when someone says they're at the same level as Mcneil or Harrison, my instant reaction will be "they're crap then".

I'm hardly sticking posters of them up myself, but taken individually both in the right setup are good players.

Only guys I completely rate are the same as you actually plus I really rate Garner too

Or to add to that, I'd class both Reid and Sheedy as slow players, but due to the team build around them it wasn't a weakness exposed so you got what they did well without the down side attached.

Problem is we don't have a Southall, Steven, Stevens, Van Den Hauwe, Ratcliffe, Mountfield, Gray, Heath or Sharp to help compensate for the crapness of Mcneil or Harrison.

They might have got a job cutting the oranges at half time for the 1985 side though

The Danish expert doesn’t know what they’re talking about. Lindstrom played in a formation that flowed from 3-4-2-1 to 3-4-3 in attack. The wingers look like attacking midfielders in the initial formation, but all of his heat maps from his time in the Bundesliga show that most of his activity on the ball was way out wide.

Problem is we don't have a Southall, Steven, Stevens, Van Den Hauwe, Ratcliffe, Mountfield, Gray, Heath or Sharp to help compensate for the crapness of Mcneil or Harrison.

They might have got a job cutting the oranges at half time for the 1985 side though

Made me cry thinking about just how good Steven was ((

It would be boss to have players who actually look like proper footballers again wouldn't it. Players with style, flair and workrate to match.

I think that's what we are 'trying' to aim towards this season mate, initially the focus was i feel getting in workhorses who could keep us up.

The guys we are bringing in for me so far have a bit of both

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back