Transfer Rumour Jesse Lingard

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not an awful player or anything but I'm not really sure what he would bring to us other than another body.

He really should have went to West Ham but he wanted too much in wages allegedly. We really shouldn't be the ones who give him what he wants.
Same old strategy….go for exposed and expensive cast offs.

It doesnt necessarily make him crap. He's been at Man Utd all his career who spend a lot of money on players making it harder to get regular games. Is an argument he should have left a few years ago to get that.
Disappointing how he has been seemingly content to watch what was once a promising career while sitting on the bench and earning big bucks at Utd.
When Moyes gave him a chance to show his ability he finally looked a player but rather than staying and earning a living he legged it back to his ManU comfort blanket to continue frittering his career away.
All in all I have always felt he lacked drive and desire and for a 29 year old player that’s a major swerve for me.
Besides we already have Dele , lets at least try to operate with some semblance to a football club and not the ‘Last Chance Saloon‘ for ageing players who have historically failed to deliver on their potential.

Same old strategy….go for exposed and expensive cast offs.
If we really want him and he wants to come here low ball him. "Here's a one year deal, 50k a week let's see how you do."

Don't go steaming in with 100k a week offers. The way things are right now we need that amount to be going on a game changer not a squad man.

Regardless of his ability let’s focus on the person. Would the man who’s thrown away what appeared to be a promising career the second he signed that big contract by sitting on United bench for years have the stones for a relegation battle?

And we were in that position because we had players who came here solely for the money and nothing else.

Coming to their last big contract, cast off from a big side after failing to impress. The odd flash of potential here and there

Sounds a bit familiar all this

Moyes rated him and would sign him again if they could afford his wages. But of course he must be rubbish.

Regardless of his ability let’s focus on the person. Would the man who’s thrown away what appeared to be a promising career the second he signed that big contract by sitting on United bench for years have the stones for a relegation battle?

Or, he wanted to stay at United because they are one of the biggest teams in the world and he was being paid handsomely to do so.

Why are people acting like he never played ? Or ignoring the fact that he actively wanted to leave in January but the club wouldn’t let him.

The constant negativity on this site is unreal.

Disappointing how he has been seemingly content to watch what was once a promising career while sitting on the bench and earning big bucks at Utd.
When Moyes gave him a chance to show his ability he finally looked a player but rather than staying and earning a living he legged it back to his ManU comfort blanket to continue frittering his career away.
All in all I have always felt he lacked drive and desire and for a 29 year old player that’s a major swerve for me.
Besides we already have Dele , lets at least try to operate with some semblance to a football club and not the ‘Last Chance Saloon‘ for ageing players who have historically failed to deliver on their potential.

I would agree with that. He needs/ needed to cut the united links. And i would look hard at that. Moyes was/is very big on the hunger and attitude side.
Tbh i was replying more to the he must be crap side.

Or, he wanted to stay at United because they are one of the biggest teams in the world and he was being paid handsomely to do so.

Why are people acting like he never played ? Or ignoring the fact that he actively wanted to leave in January but the club wouldn’t let him.

The constant negativity on this site is unreal.
Why should we be positive about a player who’s had nothing more than a good couple of months recently? I’m positive about the Mykos, Pattersons and Branthwaites not the Delphs, Ashley Williams and the Lingards.

Oh yeah, and worth noting.

He’s been a professional footballer for 11 years and played 212 league games. He averages around 20 games a season, yet people moaned that James didn’t play enough

So he’s either extremely injury prone or utterly crap. But yeah, let’s through £120k a week at him

The spin on this post is like a Federer backhand lol

Since breaking through at United in the 2015-16 season he’s played 148 league games for them in six years, 24 games per year. He’s played a total of 228 games for United in those six seasons so on average he’s played 38 games per season in all competitions.

But yeah, he’s proper crap.

Why should we be positive about a player who’s had nothing more than a good couple of months recently? I’m positive about the Mykos, Pattersons and Branthwaites not the Delphs, Ashley Williams and the Lingards.

Averaged 38 appearances for United every season since 2015. A team who consistently finish in the top 4/5 every single season. A very successful season at West Ham in between.

But yes, he’s rubbish. Moyes doesn’t know how to spot players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back