Transfer Rumour Jesse Lingard

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we in a precarious position financially and in a football sense should be signing players edging on the wrong side of 30 who’ve come off their big payday at the club they’ve grown up with who’s entire career has been dogged with concerns over attitude? A player who’s going to demand a lot of money from a club who’s looking to get rid of high earners? Surely you can see why people are unhappy?

Also Cleverley played 80 times for United and Anderson played well over a hundred times for them, doesn’t mean the player is anything special or even good in those twos case!

Anderson played on average 22 games per season, Lingard has been averaging 38.

Not a great comparison really is it.

Why is this necessary?

It’s not necessary, but it’s the toughest league in the world and the list of players signed from other leagues who looked great prior to joining a PL club is endless.

Of course anybody can load up footy manager and throw random names out like Zat.

Including 2011 to 2015 is totally disingenuous and you know it.

Averaged 38 games per season for United for the past six seasons. Say it however you want, every single coach at United utilised him consistently across each of those seasons as part of the matchday squad.

But they were all daft because he’s totally crap and not good enough for nearly got relegated Everton.
I haven’t included it, the Premier League have. Take it up with them.

Those are Jesse Lingards stats and he’s managed 165 games in Englands top flight.

It’s not necessary, but it’s the toughest league in the world and the list of players signed from other leagues who looked great prior to joining a PL club is endless.

Of course anybody can load up footy manager and throw random names out like Zat.

We’ve bought countless “Premier League proven” players over the past 6 years and they’ve nearly all been absolutely awful. We’ve turned from a top half team into a relegation battling team by buying Premier League proven players.

Anderson played on average 22 games per season, Lingard has been averaging 38.

Not a great comparison really is it.
I mean tbh how on earth does games played for Manchester United and whether David Moyes (who manages a different football team to Everton) rates them really relate to wherever Everton should sign a player?

By that logic we shouldn’t sign him because Van De Beek, Wayne Rooney, Phil Neville, Mark Huges, Morgan Schneiderlin, Tom Cleverley, Darren Gibson and Jesper Blomqvist were all crap. Of course Jesse Lingard could turn out to be another Kanchelskis

I mean tbh how on earth does games played for Manchester United and whether David Moyes (who manages a different football team to Everton) rates them really relate to wherever Everton should sign a player?

By that logic we shouldn’t sign him because Van De Beek, Wayne Rooney, Phil Neville, Mark Huges, Morgan Schneiderlin, Tom Cleverley, Darren Gibson and Jesper Blomqvist were all crap. Of course Jesse Lingard could turn out to be another Kanchelskis

What do you propose we use. Fifa stats ?

What do you propose we use. Fifa stats ?
A balanced approach taking into account age, talent, price tag and wage. Unfortunately I’d include agent in this day and age and in my personal opinion the most important of all personality, no more bad apples we allegedly have enough

God, remember Gibson? We won nearly every game he played for us, but in reality he played about 50 games in 5 years or something, didn't he?

FFS

Status
Not open for further replies.