Transfer Rumour Jesse Lingard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lingard and even Alli are a long way removed from that desire mate, especially compared to the decent pros Martinez had.

Tarkowski is more in that mould.

Lingard I agree we shouldn't go near.

For me Dele is at the crossroads, he's young enough and on the pitch dies have a snide element which we need, but it's about motivation - can Lampard bring it out in him, if he can do then he will become a massive factor.

Tarkowski I agree is almost Moyes like in a signing - think Erickson would fit the desire thing too.

Whatever the rational it feels a thing. You sense the club know its losing a fair bit of wages and not fees, so it can replace the wages, hopefully with upgrades more easily.

As you say, it's a sticking plaster than can allow you to maintain position in the league. Its probably better than spending big money in similar players.

You also have to factor in amortisation. Like Lingard at say 6m a year, they may feel is a reasonable deal.

The strategy has benefits, but it's not what we were sold on in terms of strategy. It also makes it harder to sell on players, which is an important part of the needed strategy.

But honestly, 2 domestic loans 1/2 overseas loans and some frees allows us to kit the team out quite effectively for little cost.

Its a good post mate, wages and amortisation are huge factors in terms of our losses and limits, so its no surprise the club is purposefully looking at deals to rrduce those costs, we saw it last season with Townsend, Demari, Begovic and this season with Tarowoski, maybe Lingard and Eriksen it seems purposeful to keep costs down.

These are our figures in terms of what we make based VS wages and amortisation

2016:

Turnover: 121.5 mill / Wages & Amortisation £106.3 mill = % of Turnvoer 87.5%

2017:

Turnover 171.3 / Wages & Amortisation £141.9 mill = % of Turnvoer 82.5 %

2018:

Turnover: 189.2 mill / Wages & Amortisation £212.4 mill = % of Turnvoer 112.3%

2019:

Turnover: 185.7 mill / Wages & Amortisation £255.1 mill = % of Turnvoer =135%

2020:

Turnover: 185.9 mill / Wages & Amortisation £264 mill = % of Turnvoer 142%

2021:

Turnover: 193.1 mill / Wages & Amortisation £263.8 mill = % of Turnvoer 136%

So amortisation is a huge facotor for us in terms of costs particularly in regulation, so targeting free transfers like Lingard is likely a necessity given our high amortisation costs.

If we take two deals say Mina and Bernard - before leaving Bernard was our highest earners before leaving yet in comparison cost significantly less per year because he was a on a free:

Mina:

Annual wages: £6.2 mill

Amortisation: £5.7 mill

Annual Cost: £11.9 mill

Bernard

Annual wage: £6.24 mill

Amortisation 0

Annual cost: £6.24 mill

So essentially targeting lass like Lingard, Tarowski, and Eriksen on frees saves us about 50% on costs is likley a necessity to save on our costs which have to come down, because our costs are undermining the club holistically now at this point year after year.

If the Tarowski's or Lingards of this world help us limp along to BMD then so be it, im not really expecting to see much development until then, i think we may need to have a couple of 15 -10th (if we can) place seasons just to sort the club and its costs out if im being honest. We really cant afford not to be in for lads like Lingard all weighed in my opinion. We need to utilise the loan market to and well mate.

Last edited:

Its a good post mate, wages and amortisation are huge factors in terms of our losses and limits, so its no suprise the club is purposefully looking at deal to rduce those costs, we saw it last season with Townend, Demari, Begovic and this season with Traowoski, maybe Lingard and Everton it seems purposeful to keep costs down.

2016:

2017:

2018:

2019:

2020:

2021:

So amortisation is a huge facotor for us in terms of costs particularly in regulation, so targeting free transfers like Lingard is likely a necessity given our high amortisation costs.

If we take two deals say Mina and Bernard - before leaving Bernard was our highest earners before leaving yet in comparison cost significantly less per year:

Mina:

Bernard

Amortisation 0

So essentially targeting lass like Lingard, Tarowski, and Eriksen on frees saves us about 50% on costs is likley a necessity to save on our costs which have to come down, because our costs are undermining the club holistically now at this point year after year.

If the Tarowski's or Lingards of this world help us limp along to BMD then so be it, im not really expecting to see much development until then, i think we may need to have a couple of 15 -10th (if we can) place seasons just to sort the club and its costs out if im being honest. We really cant afford not to be in for lads like Lingard all weighed in my opinion. We need to utilise the loan market to and well mate.

Good post. Didn't think of that.

Although I do hope that the likes of Dobbin, Onyango, and Branthwaite get a bigger look in to develop. End of the day, they're major saleable assets ala Gordon if it came to it

It seems I'm in the minority but being realistic, I don't think this is a bad move if his wages are handled properly. The mess with FFP is an over-riding factor with our signings and if we effectively swap Richie for Lingard but meet FFP regulations, and have some wiggle room to make another signing or two, then so be it ( I would have Richie over Lingard all the time but looking at bigger picture). Wish we could offload Gomes, Keane, Mina and Kean to get more money but please don't spend it on Winks.

Although I do hope that the likes of Dobbin, Onyango, and Branthwaite get a bigger look in to develop. End of the day, they're major saleable assets ala Gordon if it came to it
Yup some frees like Tarkowski and Eriksen are smart but too many on guys like Lingard can end up being troublesome. I'd rather give the youth more chances

Its a good post mate, wages and amortisation are huge factors in terms of our losses and limits, so its no suprise the club is purposefully looking at deal to rduce those costs, we saw it last season with Townend, Demari, Begovic and this season with Traowoski, maybe Lingard and Everton it seems purposeful to keep costs down.

2016:

2017:

2018:

2019:

2020:

2021:

If we take two deals say Mina and Bernard - before leaving Bernard was our highest earners before leaving yet in comparison cost significantly less per year:

Mina:

Bernard

Amortisation 0

FINA gonna be all over us for this. I jest.
I wonder if the idea is to do things on the cheap for the time being to get the side into the new stadium and then wax the dough and get a couple of high profile superstars in to help pack the place. Elevate profile, flog the corporate and naming, max out sales, flog more beer and hotdogs. I wonder if the USM door is closed long term or if the Russian attitude changes eventually and its back to business as usual. Funny correlation between principals and making a few quid, specific to the pressure being "off".

Its why when lads like Coleman and Davies get a battering on here i say they are gold dust - from a cost point of view they are absolute gold dust to us as they dont hold ammortisation costs, while fulfilling a role in the squad. If we can academy lads playing and are good weve hit the jackpot.

Status
Not open for further replies.