Jimmy Martin (The Kit Man) - An Everton Treasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never met him but his enthusiasm and love for the club shines through on every occasion.

One of the unsung heroes.

A vital cog behind the scenes and does his job with a smile on his face.

Will be much missed when he goes but has earned his place in Everton folklore.

Good luck Jimmy. Wish you a long, happy, and extremely well-deserved retirement.

Jimmy used to be the manager of a very good youth team in the Wigan Youth League in the 80's. Some of the lads in his team went on to become professional. On one occasion he turned up with his lads on a Sunday morning driving the team bus - it was The Everton FC team coach & we were Champions at the time 😂, Eavesway in those days. A great bloke who I last had a natter with on a bar in Olomouc. Happy retirement Jimmy! ⭐👍😀

I was within a few yards of him here in Melbourne when they all walked past on the way to somewhere, I forget where, while on tour
here in 2010. I got a tingle seeing all of them but I particularly enjoyed seeing him up close.

The club will definitely be poorer when he retires. A club legend and proper Bluenose.

Part of the fabric of Everton and seems a really sound, luvly fella to boot.

I’d sooner have a statue or a stand named after Jimmy than anything to do with Chairman Bill.

All the best Jimmy, have a wonderful, well earned retirement.

Not just well respected but I always see him as a father figure to a lot of the young players, especially the foreign lads, helping them adapt to life over here

1690973438613.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.