Joel Robles

Status
Not open for further replies.
People who wanted Leno or Horn in (me included) in as our number 1, there is no guarantee that they will be able to deal with the league straight away, look at Karius or Zeiler who were rated in that bracket of German goalkeepers.
You look at the elite Goalkeepers Cech, Cortois, Lloris, & De Gea, we will not be able to attract any of them.
You look at the goalies in the bracket below - Butland (injury) Schmeichel, Heaton, Pickford etc. I see Joel already in that category to be honest. (Joel has played just as many premier league games as Butland also experience wise).
So i would stay away from all of those and keep Joel as his no.1, Stekelenberg as no.2 and pssibly look to get in the "next" Butland or Pickford at a cheaper price and get him loaned out. If in 3 or 4 years he is looking great then put him in ahead of Joel if Joel is still keeping up to the standard he is at the moment. We could sell this prospect on at a tidy profit

Interesting that his contract is up at the end of next seasn and no whisper of a new deal? Is it that RK really doesnt want him or that he will slope off back to Spain on a free the traitor?

Interesting that his contract is up at the end of next seasn and no whisper of a new deal? Is it that RK really doesnt want him or that he will slope off back to Spain on a free the traitor?
Well getting him sorted needs to be a priority, can see why the club let it run as he wasn't playing, but now we know there is a player there we need to do something about it

For me, he's done well when he's played but doesn't fill me with enough confidence to suggest he's good enough to be our first choice keeper for the next number of years. I would be keen for a keeper to be signed and Joel to be a backup.

For me, he's done well when he's played but doesn't fill me with enough confidence to suggest he's good enough to be our first choice keeper for the next number of years. I would be keen for a keeper to be signed and Joel to be a backup.

He is too good to be a number 2, having a better keeper then him as number 1 while he sits on the bench is a serious luxury only those in the Champions League can get away with.

He is too good to be a number 2, having a better keeper then him as number 1 while he sits on the bench is a serious luxury only those in the Champions League can get away with.

Would you put him in the top 10 keepers currently playing in the Premier League? All about opinions I guess - but I could name at least 10 keepers currently in the premier league that I'd rather have in goal.

Regarding back up keepers
Ospina, Krul, Begovic, Cabellero are all back up keepers who you could argue are too good to be on the bench in the premier league such is the competition of keepers. We should be aiming to get a keeper who is one of the best in the premier league and I'm not convinced Joel falls into that category. If he did, so many Evertonians wouldn't have been desperate to sign Pickford when he was a rumoured signing in December.

Would you put him in the top 10 keepers currently playing in the Premier League? All about opinions I guess - but I could name at least 10 keepers currently in the premier league that I'd rather have in goal.

Ospina, Krul, Begovic, Cabellero are all back up keepers who you could argue are too good to be on the bench in the premier league such is the competition of keepers. We should be aiming to get a keeper who is one of the best in the premier league and I'm not convinced Joel falls into that category. If he did, so many Evertonians wouldn't have been desperate to sign Pickford when he was a rumoured signing in December.

Top ten? Joel is top three at the moment pal.

He is too good to be number 2, yet not filling anyone with confidence to be number 1.

Joel Robles is 1.5. somewhere in the middle of both lol

Me and the Toffee TV lads covered Joel on Tuesday.

Who are the guys who do ToffeeTV? Is Baz THT that used to be on here and mates with LCAB?

Do you think if we could get in someone like Hart for ~25m and sell Robles for 10-15m it would be worth it for the name and exposure, in terms of a 'marque' signing?

Ospina, Krul, Begovic, Cabellero are all back up keepers
At which clubs mate? Dosent that kind of prove my point ?

Easily in the top 10? See if you can name 10 better, or 10 that have a better prospect for the future as well, seriously if you make a list then look at some stats you will be surprised at how good Joel actually is.

Easily in the top 10? See if you can name 10 better, or 10 that have a better prospect for the future as well, seriously if you make a list then look at some stats you will be surprised at how good Joel actually is.
Been Crying out for a commander of the box for ages now, I think Joel has been way more than that. He comes out for corners, Great shot stopper and if he has to slap the ball away its invariably slapped to safety. I really rate Joel.

I'm not a Joel hater. I like him as a keeper and think he's done incredibly well since being given his chance. Having said that, I think there are better keepers than him and if we want are to head in he direction that most Evertonians are now expecting, then I ask the question, is he a top class keeper. If he was, surely some of the so called bigger teams would be showing some interest.

I suppose something that could counteract my opinion would be I don't go regularly to the games so I'm imagining he's been quite competent in the last couple of months. Unfortunately, you don't really get to see the normal run of the mill job that he does on the highlights, only worldie saves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back