Joel Robles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deary me.

http://www.evertonfc.com/fixtures/2...ays-premier-league/liverpool-vs-everton/match

Here's one where Robles just might have dipped under the 7/10 barrier

Here's another http://www.evertonfc.com/fixtures/2...lays-premier-league/everton-vs-west-ham/match

The Krasnodar game another one

Come on lads, the hyperbole here is ridiculous.

FGS if you are talking about stats in that game we played one full time player with 10 kids all at once on about referring to stats as another game when the stats were it was our under 23 team v a Euro competition team to give them a run out if Timmy Coward had been in goal he would have looked more like Frankie Howard in that game!lol

sometimes poster slate players we all do it , but I admit when I am wrong - I do not post patronising hes okish post if a player turns the corner and starts playing top class then say so - Lukaku our leading goal scorer his hold play was appalling on our bad run he got stick - now he is scoring for fun he's great again - Robles imo has had 2 bad games for us since joining us - never been given a chance now he is proving himself you nit pick minor faults, which are OTT imo, and praise other attributes - face it he is atm in the top 4 keepers in the Prem better than the other two top expensive keepers over the park - let's celebrate that fact hey!

Joey, what on Earth are you on about?

What an utter river of gibberish

All you're saying here is that you're a knee jerker who leaps from one end of the spectrum to another whenever it suits you

Rom has a good game, he's great, Rom has a bad game, then all of a sudden he's appalling? How does that bode for Joel? You love him now but what if he has a couple of bad games? You'll have the knives out for him too will you?

And what your post has missed is that I have admitted that my opinion has gradually changed regards to Robles. At the start of the season he was only back up to me, now I'm happy for him to get a proper go next season. The difference is I came to this opinion gradually over time based on evidence, like a rational minded human being, as opposed to you picking it on a whim and then flinging bile at everyone who didn't agree to worship your messiah like an utter maniac

Last edited:
Joey, what on Earth are you on about?

What an utter river of gibberish

All you're saying here is that you're a knee jerker who leaps from one end of the spectrum to another whenever it suits you

Rom has a good game, he's great, Rom has a bad game, then all of a sudden he's appalling? How does that bode for Joel? You love him now but what if he has a couple of bad games? You'll have the knives out for him too will you?

If you want to be a fan boy and think everything he does is fantastic then go ahead, but don't have a go at other people for appreciating the grey of life and not being prepared to drool over everything a player does, even the things he doesn't do well. There's a word for groups of people who do things like that Joseph, and it's "cult"
Always loved Joel as a keeper predicted if RM kept on choosing Tim Howard ahead of him it would cost him his job three seasons ago when Joel came in for Timmy three games one a Derby he performed well next two game he did the same - dropped for Timmy to come back on a disastrous run so please it is not a knee jerk reaction by me I argued this point from day one with the now sadly banned Dithering Dougie who stated I was wrong all that time ago - nice to see to hopefully be proved right on here I stated if his form carries on he will be our no 1 keeper and save us millions, I do not sit on the swaying fence I feel he has proven to be top class, not perfect , but could be up there with Degea if given a run in the team - I stated this Three seasons ago!

Bit unfair to mention that debacle of a Derby.Our friends at the Daily Mirror..........
Joel 7
Two fine first half saves, but let down by defence

I stated this Three seasons ago!

And good for you, you should be happy that more and more people are warming to your lad Joel

Evidentially there are still notable pockets of the fan base who aren't sold on him yet, and they might take longer than you did to be won round

Not all criticism is "nit-picking", in fact I think most of the critics of Joel from what I've seen the past few pages have been pretty fair

And good for you, you should be happy that more and more people are warming to your lad Joel

Evidentially there are still notable pockets of the fan base who aren't sold on him yet, and they might take longer than you did to be won round

Not all criticism is "nit-picking", in fact I think most of the critics of Joel from what I've seen the past few pages have been pretty fair
Look I am pleased for Joel pleased for our team at last we have a keeper who may near the heights of Westy - Southall (hardtask) Nigel Martin - the three best blues keepers I have ever seen play for us, by the way as good as Westy was one bad game a certain Andy Rankin immediately was slotted in and if he played well he stayed in!

Totally agree with this. I'm not saying Robles is world class or top drawer or whatever but a lot of people aren't judging his current form fairly. He's been great this season, saved us on several occasions in matches.

Sometimes people see what they 'want' to see in players (to justify their origianal perception) rather than what's there.

I know I wasn't convinced by Robles when he first played for us but if he carries on playing how he is he deserves to be our no 1 and don't need to replace him in the summer.
At the start of the year all Evertonians had their shopping list of who they wanted to bring in to take us to the next level. I imagine over 90% of those lists included a new keeper.

I'm sure we were all underwhelmed when we brought in Stek pre-season, but after his form in the first few games, quite a few were starting to change their minds. But then he showed signs of his inconsistency and we were reminded why he's been a number 2 for the past few seasons.

Leading up to the January window, most of us probably still had a keeper on our shopping list. However, Joel's form since he came back into the team half way through the derby has been excellent. But it's only been about 10 games. However, added to his fine form after replacing Howard last season (Sunderland game apart) we've actually seen a degree of consistency not evidenced before. Plus this season he's noticeably improved in a number of area's, specifically dominance, decision making and concentration. I personally feel he's still a bit weak with his kicking but mates of mine disagree. He's got an assist ffs.

He's getting a lot of praise on here and rightly so, but before we can declare him our long term number 1 we need to make sure that he has acquired that level of consistency we need. That's all that the likes of Mikey and myself are saying. His performances have earned himself the opportunity to continue as number 1 for the rest of the season, and if he does maintain his current form then he deserves a new contract and the right to start next season as number 1.

Our shopping list for the summer is still quite extensive and despite Mosh's billions we won't have a bottomless pit of funs to play with. If we don't need to spend £25/30m on a new keeper, so much the better.

Look I am pleased for Joel pleased for our team at last we have a keeper who may near the heights of Westy - Southall (hardtask) Nigel Martin - the three best blues keepers I have ever seen play for us, by the way as good as Westy was one bad game a certain Andy Rankin immediately was slotted in and if he played well he stayed in!
And he ended up with a bit of history nobody can ever take away from him;)

Deary me.

http://www.evertonfc.com/fixtures/2...ays-premier-league/liverpool-vs-everton/match

Here's one where Robles just might have dipped under the 7/10 barrier

Here's another http://www.evertonfc.com/fixtures/2...lays-premier-league/everton-vs-west-ham/match

The Krasnodar game another one

Come on lads, the hyperbole here is ridiculous.

Fair point but I think it's fair to say he's had less point costing performances than Howard over the same period or indeed Stek in the opening few months of this season. Now that may just say more about Howard and Stek rather than praise for Joel depending on how you see it. I even feel a bit bad saying that about Stek as he's had at least 3 top draw performances so far... but I think it's fair to say that Joel is the most consistent performing keeper we've had for a while.

At the end of the day boys, he's young for a keeper and deserves a shot.

Next summer money can be prioritised on CBs, creative midfielders and other striking options.

Only on the off chance that a proven quality keeper becomes available would I consider swapping out Joel atm.
Yeah.

It's all very well saying 'let's get another goalie' but wouldn't we just be replacing like for like?

Who is considerably better than him out there and available? Not many I'd bet.

Joels form since coming back into the side has been that of a top class premier league keeper. So constant suggestions of replacing him with the likes of pickford absolutely baffle me. If Joel's form dips somewhat then perhaps we could consider a replacement but why do we need to when hes playing so well.

He's been commanding and pulled off some fantastic saves that have won us points. His save against palace was every bit as important as colemans late winner.

The only one potential mistake was the freekick at Hull but I actually don't think it was a mistake, it was just unlucky. Only because hes so big did he get as close to saving it as he did.

I feel very comfortable with him being the keeper and I'm sure koeman does too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back