Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Joey Barton!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aren't we also forgetting he swerved us to join Newcastle because he said the shirt meant more to the fans up there?

True blue and that

Better contract on offer and at the time. I think he will definately want the move this time as Newcastle are looking to chop his wages

hes has played very well for newcastle (at times ive thought he should perhaps get an england call up) and has seemed to have grown up a lot in the past few months.

shoot me down if you want but id quite fancy getting barton and owen into the squad.

Playing wise and for 4mil I dont think we could do any better.

THis would be a great signing....

...........Arteta....Rodwell.....Fellaini....Barton.............

Baines.......................................................Coleman

Strong central midfield and allows the full backs to overlap.

Playing wise and for 4mil I dont think we could do any better.

THis would be a great signing....

...........Arteta....Rodwell.....Fellaini....Barton.............

Baines.......................................................Coleman

Strong central midfield and allows the full backs to overlap.

4 central midfielders, that formation will be ridiculously narrow, no cutting edge whatsoever mate, we need to be able to get behind them, and Baines and Coleman won't manage that on their own.

I think the key is having a top attacking midfield in front and a lethal finisher.....

Also we would have to buy at least 1 winger to change the team around + i doubt that those 4 midfielders would start every week...

Arteta / Rodwell / Barton are all capable of getting goals + Baines and Coleman could have the whole flank for the taking.

EDIT -- Also Moyes has said he favours wide players cutting inside....which is what arteta and barton would naturally do.

I think the key is having a top attacking midfield in front and a lethal finisher.....

Also we would have to buy at least 1 winger to change the team around + i doubt that those 4 midfielders would start every week...

Arteta / Rodwell / Barton are all capable of getting goals + Baines and Coleman could have the whole flank for the taking.

EDIT -- Also Moyes has said he favours wide players cutting inside....which is what arteta and barton would naturally do.

Coleman is pants, why do evertonians consistantly hump Seamus Coleman. Hes one of the main reasons why we aren't competing at the top

"Pants" ? He was in the running for the PFA young player of the year award which shows his fellow pro's rate him.

He has been fantastic this year and played 40 or so games in his 1st real season....

Having him at full back and giving him acres of space to run into would be great fun to watch -- same as baines.

Coleman is pants, why do evertonians consistantly hump Seamus Coleman. Hes one of the main reasons why we aren't competing at the top

Go on then, how is Coleman pants? As Zatara said, he was a candidate for the PFA young player of the year, and was one of our more important players this season, even though he was playing out of position the entire time.

I'd have major problems with Fellaini and Rodwell being our first choice centre midfield partnership, personally. They aren't creative enough, and don't do enough in possession. I'd say the same about Barton and Fellaini aswell, Barton's a little more forward thinking and has good technique, but Barca showed us all the benefit of having midfielders who have excellent close control, and can twist and turn there way out of possession. Arteta or Osman should be the player alongside Fellaini, either that, or we sign someone similar to Arteta and use Mikel on the left.

As for Joey Barton, I wouldn't be majorly for or against the signing really. It's a bit of a 'meh' for me. He could be a useful player to have, but he isn't going to transform this team, nor is he what we need in terms of style. Moyes does like him though, I know that much.

Go on then, how is Coleman pants? As Zatara said, he was a candidate for the PFA young player of the year, and was one of our more important players this season, even though he was playing out of position the entire time.

How is he the whirlwind of premiership football then????Hes nothing but a good bargain and squad player. The sooner hes out of the first 11 the better chance we have of competing for the top 6. He wouldn't get near the top 6 sides first 11....nowhere near. If you guys are happy with 7th and below finishes so be it...but I gurantee now that if Moyes could sign anyone it would be a right sided midfielder. And coleman certasinly wouldn't get the right back position because he is a liability in defence. His positional sense is shocking along with his tackling. He has pace to beat a man and thats it. Once hes past the last man his distribution is pants!

How is he the whirlwind of premiership football then????Hes nothing but a good bargain and squad player. The sooner hes out of the first 11 the better chance we have of competing for the top 6. He wouldn't get near the top 6 sides first 11....nowhere near. If you guys are happy with 7th and below finishes so be it...but I gurantee now that if Moyes could sign anyone it would be a right sided midfielder. And coleman certasinly wouldn't get the right back position because he is a liability in defence. His positional sense is shocking along with his tackling. He has pace to beat a man and thats it. Once hes past the last man his distribution is pants!

So is Glen Johnson's though, he manages to start for the ****e an England fairly often at right-back. Of course he isn't the finished product he's only 22(?) and up until last season he was playing in a poor league in comparison, of course there are things he has to work on such as his defensive work and his distribution, but those are things that can be learned, his attacking instinct can't be, which is what makes him such a prospect. His crossing for the ROI was excellent in the last internationional match, he was playing from right-back then I think. H'es better playing from defence, as it allows him to overlap and cross first time.

Last edited:
So is Glen Johnson's though, he manages to start for the ****e an England fairly often at right-back. Of course he isn't the finished product he's only 22(?) and up until last season he was playing in a poor league in comparison, of course there are things he has to work on such as his defensive work and his distribution, but those are things that can be learned, his attacking instinct can't be, which is what makes him such a prospect. His crossing for the ROI was excellent in the last internationional match, he was playing from right-back then I think.

Which is why he shouldnt be in the starting 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back