Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this story may well now fizzle out.
Mourinho has declared his interest and I would say he now realises that Everton will not sell.
He needs the goodwill of the club if he hopes to buy the player at some stage in the future.
Chelsea will have spoken to Stones agent before any bid was made. I am sure that he was told that Stones was happy at Everton but if Everton agreed to sell then the player would go to Chelsea.
A bid of 20m was merely registering an interest.
Making a bid of a few million above that will be pointless and may only serve to draw other sharks into the pool. Chelsea now make a serious bid,which I doubt, or walk away for now.

You do realise that you are assigning rational traits and reasonableness to Jose Mourinho? The man would punch his own grandmother in the face to get a minor advantage in a game of Twister

Was Martinez sniffing around when we bought Jag, baines, mustafi, coleman, garbutt, Oviedo and lescott? I don't think he did.

All of those players (with the exception of Oviedo) were signed by Moyes before Martinez was actually Wigan manager. He didn't become Wigan boss until August 2009.

Martinez was hardly tracking those players when he was managing in League 2 with Swansea.

I think this story may well now fizzle out.
Mourinho has declared his interest and I would say he now realises that Everton will not sell.
He needs the goodwill of the club if he hopes to buy the player at some stage in the future.
Chelsea will have spoken to Stones agent before any bid was made. I am sure that he was told that Stones was happy at Everton but if Everton agreed to sell then the player would go to Chelsea.
A bid of 20m was merely registering an interest.
Making a bid of a few million above that will be pointless and may only serve to draw other sharks into the pool. Chelsea now make a serious bid,which I doubt, or walk away for now.

I hope so. The fact Mourinho has played his 'We have until September 1st to make another bid' card gives him a get out clause. It allows the story to carry on and puts pressure on us, without anyone actually asking him again, 'Hey Jose, when are you making another bid?'

Chelsea is a top of the food chain predator. They will get their targeted prey, sooner or later. The only thing that might prevent that, is a similarly ranked predator attacking first....kind of like T Rex vs Spinosaurus. Everton unfortunately is a herbivore.

Chelsea is a top of the food chain predator. They will get their targeted prey, sooner or later. The only thing that might prevent that, is a similarly ranked predator attacking first....kind of like T Rex vs Spinosaurus. Everton unfortunately is a herbivore.

Or if they lose interest due to our stubbornness.

I hope so. The fact Mourinho has played his 'We have until September 1st to make another bid' card gives him a get out clause. It allows the story to carry on and puts pressure on us, without anyone actually asking him again, 'Hey Jose, when are you making another bid?'
Well, we are stil the ones with the ace. Morinhio is Morinhio, he is just one annoing type of person, no need too fall for his stress strategy. Who cares

Would we be tempted by 30m and a season loan back,plus a choice of one of their better young players on loan?

Well, I believed in Leighton so all I can do is believe in JFS...'cause I sure as fck don't believe in this board.

I don't think he is the type to push for a move. If he stays or goes will be down to Kenwright for me

I know what you mean blue bill is a jellyfish,incapable of standing his ground and saying no but rather go straight into negotiations on a fee

That worries me as much. Our board aren't to be trusted.

He is yeah, but our board have the negotiations skills of Arthur Daley.

don't think our board are gonna be able to say no to having the Lukaku slate wiped clean whilst also nabbing themselves a few bob extra for a crimbo do
we know by now what they're like

You really are bitter, aren't you. Bitter and blind.

Steve, they're tarnishing the name of our Glorious Leader, please ask them to stop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back