Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
As if we would loan him back, we're Everton ffs not a lower league 2 club who would be grateful of something like that happening.

I can just imagine how that would go down with our fanbase, me included.

The first mistake he made, people would be on his back, telling him to eff off back to Chelsea.

It would not be a good situation for anyone.

Mind you.... outsourced players eh? Elstone would love that idea.

I can just imagine how that would go down with our fanbase, me included.

The first mistake he made, people would be on his back, telling him to eff off back to Chelsea.

It would not be a good situation for anyone.

Exactly mate. Journalists, SKY, the so called big 4 or 5 or 6 or whatever it is may think we are a small insignificant club but as fans we just wouldn't put up with a situation like that and I don't think Stones would even entertain anything like that happening. My Kopite mates actually mentioned something similar last night and they got a 6 minute burst of rage about how they should pipe down as they are more of a selling club and stepping stone for players than we are.

Chelsea is a top of the food chain predator. They will get their targeted prey, sooner or later. The only thing that might prevent that, is a similarly ranked predator attacking first....kind of like T Rex vs Spinosaurus. Everton unfortunately is a herbivore.

Behave.

Theyre a football club. Nothing more.

Reactions: Jxg
Take stone out and the list is still quite shocking. Was Martinez sniffing around when we bought Jag, baines, mustafi, coleman, garbutt, Oviedo and lescott? I don't think he did.

We bought Jags, Baines and Lescott from clubs of a similar stature to Wigan and bigger than Swansea when Martinez was there. They were looking for a step up not sideways/down. Martinez's former clubs also didn't have elite status in their academy (which Everton does) which is a big reason why highly rated young defenders like Garbutt, Mustafi etc weren't signed by them. They also generally can't afford to spend money on 15 year olds that may or may not develop when the EPPP means the players could be taken away again for next to no money since they're not elite academies. We also have a much bigger scouting network than teams like Wigan and Swansea which helps find players like Oviedo and Coleman (although IIRC we bought Coleman because of a personal recommendation from one of his teammates' Dads who was friends with Moyes).

Maybe Martinez could have done better but there is no way we are comparing like for like.

Chelsea is a top of the food chain predator. They will get their targeted prey, sooner or later. The only thing that might prevent that, is a similarly ranked predator attacking first....kind of like T Rex vs Spinosaurus. Everton unfortunately is a herbivore.

Chelsea = T-Rex
City = Carnotaurus
Everton = Ankylosaurus
Liverpool = Microraptor

I much prefer the girlfriend analogies.

Sadly I have resigned myself to losing him

I believe he will go for around 35ml or even more

Sadly we will not be able to hold on to him, as once his head is turned it will be difficult for him.

Until we get good investment, we will always be at the mercy of the rich clubs

Sadly I have resigned myself to losing him

I believe he will go for around 35ml or even more

Sadly we will not be able to hold on to him, as once his head is turned it will be difficult for him.

Until we get good investment, we will always be at the mercy of the rich clubs

A sad state of affairs this.

If we are at the mercy of anyone else we might as well give up.

Never less than our best unless when Chelsea make us do it.

I convinced myself Baines would go and he didn't. Coleman too.

The press aren't always (actually very rarely) right, and the rich clubs don't always get what they want, contrary to tabloid spin.

Spurs have been 'preparing a bid' for McCarthy for 3 months. It's all B.S. to sell papers and raise interest.

I hope Stones stays and it wouldn't surprise me if he does.

Both manager and player are adamant, and Kenwright will not want to be seen as going against that.

A sad state of affairs this.

If we are at the mercy of anyone else we might as well give up.

Never less than our best unless when Chelsea make us do it.

Sadly that is the state of affairs.

We are not in a position to reject the big big offers

I convinced myself Baines would go and he didn't. Coleman too.

The press aren't always (actually very rarely) right, and the rich clubs don't always get what they want, contrary to tabloid spin.

Spurs have been 'preparing a bid' for McCarthy for 3 months. It's all B.S. to sell papers and raise interest.

I hope Stones stays and it wouldn't surprise me if he does.

Both manager and player are adamant, and Kenwright will not want to be seen as going against that.

Baines and Coleman are a different kettle of fish, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back