Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah. Bit early to be lauding him as a future star though. Hope so like.

Well, he already made his debut last season vs West Ham and looked a good player.

Been a standout performer for the Reserves too.

Played the full 90 mins vs Swindon last week and looked good.

Here's the list of defender sign by Martinez
Ronnie Stam
Gary Caldwell
Antonio Amaya
Adrian Lopez
Antolin Alcarez (twice)
Rob Kierman
Ivan Ramis
Eduard Campabadal

Moyes signing during the same period.
Jagielka
Coleman
Baines
Garbutt
Stones
Korldrop
Oviedo
distin
mustafi
duffy
lescott

Martinez almost had Stones when he was at Wigan. Stones u-turned when he found out we put a bid in.

Also, you think Moyes would've played Stones like Martinez wants him to play? Not a chance.

Here's the list of defender sign by Martinez
Ronnie Stam
Gary Caldwell
Antonio Amaya
Adrian Lopez
Antolin Alcarez (twice)
Rob Kierman
Ivan Ramis
Eduard Campabadal

Moyes signing during the same period.
Jagielka
Coleman
Baines
Garbutt
Stones
Korldrop
Oviedo
distin
mustafi
duffy
lescott

This is a bit stupid tbh, you're comparing Everton signings to Wigan signings, of course Everton's will be better. Stones, for example, was pursued by both Moyes and Martinez but chose Moyes because he preferred a move to Everton, and I'm sure that's not the only time Wigan lost out on a signing to a bigger club.

Thats a load of tish.

There is so much money in the game that clubs can afford to refuse the likes of Chelsea.

What Mourinho is hinting at is Stones to go knocking on Kenwrights door with a box of Kleenex for him and beg him to let him go to Chelsea as the Everton board has navigated us into a position of mediocrity with next to no hope of winning a cup.

You really are bitter, aren't you. Bitter and blind.

don't think our board are gonna be able to say no to having the Lukaku slate wiped clean whilst also nabbing themselves a few bob extra for a crimbo do

we know by now what they're like

I think this story may well now fizzle out.
Mourinho has declared his interest and I would say he now realises that Everton will not sell.
He needs the goodwill of the club if he hopes to buy the player at some stage in the future.
Chelsea will have spoken to Stones agent before any bid was made. I am sure that he was told that Stones was happy at Everton but if Everton agreed to sell then the player would go to Chelsea.
A bid of 20m was merely registering an interest.
Making a bid of a few million above that will be pointless and may only serve to draw other sharks into the pool. Chelsea now make a serious bid,which I doubt, or walk away for now.

I think this story may well now fizzle out.
Mourinho has declared his interest and I would say he now realises that Everton will not sell.
He needs the goodwill of the club if he hopes to buy the player at some stage in the future.
Chelsea will have spoken to Stones agent before any bid was made. I am sure that he was told that Stones was happy at Everton but if Everton agreed to sell then the player would go to Chelsea.
A bid of 20m was merely registering an interest.
Making a bid of a few million above that will be pointless and may only serve to draw other sharks into the pool. Chelsea now make a serious bid,which I doubt, or walk away for now.
the chelsea rent boys are easily startled, but they'll soon return.........and with greater numbers

This is a bit stupid tbh, you're comparing Everton signings to Wigan signings, of course Everton's will be better. Stones, for example, was pursued by both Moyes and Martinez but chose Moyes because he preferred a move to Everton, and I'm sure that's not the only time Wigan lost out on a signing to a bigger club.

Take stone out and the list is still quite shocking. Was Martinez sniffing around when we bought Jag, baines, mustafi, coleman, garbutt, Oviedo and lescott? I don't think he did.

don't think our board are gonna be able to say no to having the Lukaku slate wiped clean whilst also nabbing themselves a few bob extra for a crimbo do

we know by now what they're like

The Lukaku money came from the Fellaini money.

We're already evens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back