Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
I despise how the media are basically considering this deal done. "Set to", "will become" etc.

Parasites. I'd love us to middle finger Chelsea on this. £40m+ or do one. We're constantly told we don't need to sell - prove it Everton.
I'd just point blank refuse every single bid now from Chelsea whatever it is. I'd rather sell him elsewhere.

No doubt in my mind that if and when the time comes, we could sell him elsewhere for the same sort of cash.

He won't be short of options.

I'd just point blank refuse every single bid now from Chelsea whatever it is. I'd rather sell him elsewhere.

No doubt in my mind that if and when the time comes, we could sell him elsewhere for the same sort of cash.

Exactly.
I hope Stones respects the club to know this too.

Last time UTD tried dirty tactics we royally screwed them. Issued damning statements.

Time to do it again if were serious.

I've even written the letter:

Dear Mr Buck,

Further to your earlier correspondence and increased press speculation, for the avoidance of doubt John Stones is not available for transfer at any price.

Yours Sincerely

Bill Kenwright

He won't be going lads don't worry.

Only deal I would accept other than £40 mil+ would be £25 mil+ Oscar, would sort our playmaker situation out and leave us with £20 mil (after barnsley 20% cut) + any tv money left

The press favour the top 4 clubs! losing battle we are fighting ! Everyone knows how it's going to end ! Just hope we get more than £30m and then are able to spend it all

This is why I don't understand why we're even entertaining an offer. He's only going to get better and better and he's got four years on his contract - he won't jeopardise his own career by doing a Mirallas and sulking, and the lad is so good he'll have Barcelona knocking on his door within two years.

He's £50m in the bank - settling for £30m at this point would be as big a mistake as the fee we let Rooney go for.

The press favour the top 4 clubs! losing battle we are fighting ! Everyone knows how it's going to end ! Just hope we get more than £30m and then are able to spend it all

Do they? Personally, I'd be extremely angry if this goes through for anything less than £40m. If that's the case, the buying club has paid his value, and that's that.

If he waits he could play for Barca, Bayern or Real Madrid IMO, all of which are better than Chelsea. If he goes to Chelsea i cant see him ever joining those Clubs.

The Board could end this farce by sending Chelsea a letter saying he's not available at any price and publishing a copy.

Then Chelsea have nowhere to go.

Over to the Board....
There is always a price though. It would be a clear lie to suggest otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back