Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.

If he goes, I want Bill's head on a platter. Not because a player is leaving but because it encapsulates the persistent lack of investment by the Board, which means we have to continually sell our best players before we want to. The fact that the Board have never invested a penny means that we are at the mercy of the big money clubs. Nobody would begrudge Stones moving in a few seasons time, that's a realistic view. But if it happens now, I hope there is a tsunami of anti-Board feeling! (and I have never banged the anti-Kenwright drum)
They can't afford it. Even if they wanted to spend all of the wealth they've earned in their lifetime on everton it wouldn't make much difference to the club. It's a drop in the ocean compared to the money that's in the game now. Look what spending £120m in transfer fees did for liverpool last year! That's why I don't think we should sell Stones unless the bid is ridiculous.

The word May means sod all! Paper sensation news! Not !

Yeah it's the same guy from before that was reporting that Mirallas wants to move to West Ham. Seems he might have seen the article in the Echo from a while ago saying Stones isn't for sale and we value him at what would be a British record fee for a defender. Now he's reporting Chelsea may have to pay just over the British record fee for a defender. The only bit that seems sure Chelsea are willing to pay it is the title.

Forget how much other teams are buying players for, how much do you think he's worth?

He has played under 50 top flight games! I don't want us to sell him at any price, but the quoted £34m is probably about his value atm.
England international who most pundits rate at the future England Captain no sale at any price as R m will not get all the funds!
Anything over 60 million perhaps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back