Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he goes, I want Bill's head on a platter. Not because a player is leaving but because it encapsulates the persistent lack of investment by the Board, which means we have to continually sell our best players before we want to. The fact that the Board have never invested a penny means that we are at the mercy of the big money clubs. Nobody would begrudge Stones moving in a few seasons time, that's a realistic view. But if it happens now, I hope there is a tsunami of anti-Board feeling! (and I have never banged the anti-Kenwright drum)

I don't think the board "want to" sell him.

It's not as if the club has been touting him around sporting a "For Sale" sign.

But Chelsea have made known their interest and these days that means an avaricious agent will rub his hands in glee and the player concerned will likely have his head turned.

It is a sad reflection on where football stands in 2015......we have already this summer seen Liverpool and Villa asset stripped by the other money no object club and it seems to me there us nowt can be done to stop this problem growing in the future.

Certainly this "Fair Play" bollox doesn't seem to be having any effect on Citeh or Chelsea.

But if Stones does go on foot of this there is no point fuming at the board about it.

All's we can do us hope they screw every last penny out of Mourinho and give it to Bobby to strengthen the team.

But as to whether the money is actually given to Bobby and whether he can be trusted to invest it wisely is a whole nother story :(

Surely this can't happen unless for mad money. 50 million plus is money that can't be refused. ... This has to be the boards stance ... F..k

A lot of clubs would kill for the talent we have coming through/playing...it's beyond insane to split these kids up unless they want to go. That's all that can be said really. I just hope John can see past all the BS and I have some hope in that, seeing as how he stays away from social media.

Lately I have noticed a lot of angry members, (swollen in indignation, rigid in defiance, and purplish in apoplexy), getting a little steamed up over one or two transfer window trifles. The angry little emoticon :rant: has also been seen in some of said members issuances (which at times border on furious ejaculation).

I think it is wonderful that impassioned members stand up so forthrightly for our phenomenal football club. But at the end of the day, let's not get too caught up in Stoke's and Newcastle's transfer activity. Nor should we over fret as to whether Naisy will be available for season kick-off. And Chelsea trying to buy Arouna for large amounts of moolah should be should be seen as a compliment to our great club...
...errrrm, what's that? ....Chelsea aren't after Kone, they're after Stones????!!

grrrrrrrrrrr....:rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

A lot of clubs would kill for the talent we have coming through/playing...it's beyond insane to split these kids up unless they want to go. That's all that can be said really. I just hope John can see past all the BS and I have some hope in that, seeing as how he stays away from social media.
Fingers crossed mate. Hard one to call but he is a sensible lad. He would be be on the bench at Chelsea and not do his England's chances any good. Best result for all is he stays. Hard though for the lad to have to make the choice ..

Forget how much other teams are buying players for, how much do you think he's worth?

He has played under 50 top flight games! I don't want us to sell him at any price, but the quoted £34m is probably about his value atm.

He has played 44 times at centre back for a good premier league club and has 4 England caps at the age of 21 and has more than looked the part. That's exceptional, to put it mildly.

He's rare in that he's a real cultured footballer too. He's not just your typical over-hyped English player. He's one of the best young talents in Europe in my opinion. If Sterling has gone for £49m, Stones has to go for a similarly huge fee, as although hes played less football at the top level, he's 10 times the player and will go on to have a better career.

I wouldn't take a penny under £50m due to Barnsley's share. Ideally though, I wouldn't want him to go at all. I want to see players like that playing in Everton colours and besides, as others have said, his value will only rise from here.

Moyes had a pittance to spend in his time with us and what little money he had he spent it wisely with the odd couple of exceptions (Beattie, koldrup). However not only would I be sad to see miralles and in particular stones leave us, but I worry about the players he would bring in to replace them. His track record for transfers is patchy at best and when you consider extending the contracts of the 'golden oldies' (Howard, osman, Barry and hibbert) I really fear the calibre of the players bought to replace them. For example in no shape or form is Evans a potential replacement for stones, but I fear he will be brought to replace stones.

Moyes had a pittance to spend in his time with us and what little money he had he spent it wisely with the odd couple of exceptions (Beattie, koldrup). However not only would I be sad to see miralles and in particular stones leave us, but I worry about the players he would bring in to replace them. His track record for transfers is patchy at best and when you consider extending the contracts of the 'golden oldies' (Howard, osman, Barry and hibbert) I really fear the calibre of the players bought to replace them. For example in no shape or form is Evans a potential replacement for stones, but I fear he will be brought to replace stones.

I think you meant "Evans a potential replacement for Jagielka, but I fear he will be brought to replace Stones."

But I agree with you entirely.

Accepting it would be awful for us though, because of the public nature of Chelsea's offers - other clubs know how much money we have and can hold us to ransom.

He has played 44 times at centre back for a good premier league club and has 4 England caps at the age of 21 and has more than looked the part. That's exceptional, to put it mildly.

He's rare in that he's a real cultured footballer too. He's not just your typical over-hyped English player. He's one of the best young talents in Europe in my opinion. If Sterling has gone for £49m, Stones has to go for a similarly huge fee, as although hes played less football at the top level, he's 10 times the player and will go on to have a better career.

I wouldn't take a penny under £50m due to Barnsley's share. Ideally though, I wouldn't want him to go at all. I want to see players like that playing in Everton colours and besides, as others have said, his value will only rise from here.
Totally agree

When Martinez has spent big on a player, he's spent well. Lukaku and McCarthy.

In the eventuality of selling Stones and Mirallas, we'd have big money to spend on replacements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back