Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the worst thing about supporting a team who aren't champs league regulars. As soon as you get someone who is genuinely awesome and could be a club legend they get signed by the sky clubs. I guess this is how Barnsley fans felt when he left them.

If Barkley fulfills his promise how long until he's moving on to the next level ? If deulofeu has a stormer will barca just take him back off us ?

We're not allowed very good things for longer than a season or two it seems.

2 seasons? We defo had Jags, Baines, Coleman, err Mirallas, for that.

That's the worst thing about supporting a team who aren't champs league regulars. As soon as you get someone who is genuinely awesome and could be a club legend they get signed by the sky clubs. I guess this is how Barnsley fans felt when he left them.

If Barkley fulfills his promise how long until he's moving on to the next level ? If deulofeu has a stormer will barca just take him back off us ?

We're not allowed very good things for longer than a season or two it seems.

Sad but true.

As things stand right now, all but three clubs can forget about being champions for the forseeable future.

Possibly Arsenal would have a chance as well.

Once powerhouse clubs like Everton, Liverpool, Spurs and Aston Villa can only stand by as their best players have their heads turned by Chelsea or City.

It is against thus background that I am baffled at how the F.A. and League Cups have become so devalued even in the eyes of fans if teams which can no longer aspire to winning the league.

Cups are the only chance ourselves and the vast majority of other PL teams have of getting a bit of glory.

We live in an era where EPL survival is the holy grail of English football because of the money it brings in.

It sux.

But we signed him in a January window.
That is correct. If I recall rightly, that was one fume filled January. I remember thinking at the time "hmmm, this is unusual, to see so much fuming on GOT".
Fortunately, I think a lot of the 'fumers' back then have grown up a whole heap and GOT is a chalk and cheese place now, to how it was then. Nowadays, there is little fume or antagonism, just a lot of bonhomie and good natured banter between bosom forum buddies. And if Chelsea (or PSG, Barca or Real for that matter) meet Arouna's or Naisy's asking price, what is gratifying to me, is knowing the maturity with which Evertonians will take losing these two club legends.

That is correct. If I recall rightly, that was one fume filled January. I remember thinking at the time "hmmm, this is unusual, to see so much fuming on GOT".
Fortunately, I think a lot of the 'fumers' back then have grown up a whole heap and GOT is a chalk and cheese place now, to how it was then. Nowadays, there is little fume or antagonism, just a lot of bonhomie and good natured banter between bosom forum buddies. And if Chelsea (or PSG, Barca or Real for that matter) meet Arouna's or Naisy's asking price, what is gratifying to me, is knowing the maturity with which Evertonians will take losing these two club legends.
I don't think many Evertonians would give a monkey's if Kone or Naismith slung their hook. But it's Stones who we might lose (whilst keeping the yardies)

QUOTE="deipnosophist, post: 3708789, member: 18029"]...wait...WHAT?!! Chelsea are taking Stones and leaving us Kone and Naismith!!!!?????

.....(fume, grrrr)[/QUOTE]
Yes mate. I think you are confusing this thread with the general transfer thread. This one is about Stones possibly going to Chelsea.
( btw, I am unaware of anybody remotely interested in buying Kone or Naismith).

QUOTE="deipnosophist, post: 3708789, member: 18029"]...wait...WHAT?!! Chelsea are taking Stones and leaving us Kone and Naismith!!!!?????

.....(fume, grrrr)
Yes mate. I think you are confusing this thread with the general transfer thread. This one is about Stones possibly going to Chelsea.
( btw, I am unaware of anybody remotely interested in buying Kone or Naismith).[/QUOTE]
I think the barcodes actually bid £6m for him before Martinez signed him for us. Oh what might have been.

If Stones genuinely wants to leave...and now the newspapers are claiming that...we'll probably have to get the best price asap. That stuff can get really ugly. And if it drags on (ala Lescott) it will totally disrupt morale going into the new season. Would love if we could get him to commit to one more year on improved terms with the understanding that unless we qualify for CL he can leave with our best wishes next season. That said, do improved terms screw with our entire wage structure? Those who think we'll get 40 million are deluded. Vault me. Not saying he isn't worth it, just that defenders don't go for that kind of price. We've all played fantasy football. If he goes for 30 million, we won't get anything near replacing his points-value to our team. At least get that Swiss lad in. Oh yeah and where are we with the Mourinho ("he actually loves us, you know") love-in now? He is the same as all those sky four managers. Will screw us without hesitation for his chavs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back