Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
The truth is he is not a 34m player, he was responsible for several goals last season - if 34m is the offer id take it and buy 2 world class internationals with the proceeds

The truth is he is not a 34m player, he was responsible for several goals last season - if 34m is the offer id take it and buy 2 world class internationals with the proceeds

They're not willing to pay that much for him because he's the finished article. He's showing the ability and potential to be the best defender of his generation and for that he would cost top dollar.

Please stay Johnny boy xx

Defenders cost me more than 34m - I don't think so.

I stand by what I've said about Stones - while he looks decent on the ball he looked very very suspect to me defensively last season.

Have to disagree mate.

I think we'll find it very very hard to replace him. Especially with 2 world class internationals.

Defenders cost me more than 34m - I don't think so.

I stand by what I've said about Stones - while he looks decent on the ball he looked very very suspect to me defensively last season.

David Luiz anyone??? 50mil?? If Hummels was to leave Dortmund I guarantee it would be for much in excess of 34mil too.

Well they don't need to world class internationals really just above average defensively - and once again I state that John Stones was average/poor defensively last season.
I think poor is pushing it, but he made plenty of mistakes, but we looked past them as it's obvious to a blind man that the lad oozes quality, he's just not the finished article yet.

We were never going to be able to hang onto him long term and I think a deal in the mid 30's is virtually inevitable now and will probably suit all parties, including the lad himself. we can't complain too much given we're about to make about £27m profit on the lad in 2 years. We can buy a solid experienced CB for a fraction of that, and use the rest to strengthen in other areas.

Well they don't need to world class internationals really just above average defensively - and once again I state that John Stones was average/poor defensively last season.

The whole team was pretty bad last season mate. Doesn't mean we should sell them all.

Remember if we sell Stones we have one senior centre back. One.

Any money we got for him would go on centre backs. It's all a bit of a pointless move on our part.

I think poor is pushing it, but he made plenty of mistakes, but we looked past them as it's obvious to a blind man that the lad oozes quality, he's just not the finished article yet.

We were never going to be able to hang onto him long term and I think a deal in the mid 30's is virtually inevitable now and will probably suit all parties, including the lad himself. we can't complain too much given we're about to make about £27m profit on the lad in 2 years. We can buy a solid experienced CB for a fraction of that, and use the rest to strengthen in other areas.
I have said before Barnsley will take 25% off any fee Everton get, plus the fact if we try and buy anyone now the selling club up their price as they know we have cash in the bank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back